interviewing the interviewed

Feedback on the current issue, ideas for articles, questions about Tape Op

Moderators: TapeOpJohn, TapeOpLarry

syrupcore
deaf.

interviewing the interviewed

Post by syrupcore » Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:23 pm

just wanted to say that while it may seem weird, I'd be very into reading new interviews with people that have already been in tapeop. catch up on what's new. there's been a crapstorm of amazing people between the sheets of tapeop and there's nothing less amazing about them now. It would allow for a what's new focus that initial interviews don't always have room for as new subjects need some backstory. certainly many people that were interview before say 92/93 have still been busy and reading about it would be interesting for me.

obviously there's lots of new people to interview but I think it would be interesting. it also seems to fit into the tape op history of thorough interviews.

would other people be into this?

klangtone
pushin' record

Post by klangtone » Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:00 am

yes!

Specifically Colin Stewart, because I really like his work, and he was interviewed a long time back. The interview was short and I could do a better one! heh.

Roy
www.rarefiedrecording.com
"No matter how corrupt, greedy, and heartless our government, our corporations, our media,
and our religious and charitable institutions may become, the music will still be wonderful." -Kurt Vonnegut

;ivlunsdystf
ghost haunting audio students
Location: The Great Frontier of the Southern Anoka Sand Plain

Post by ;ivlunsdystf » Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:46 am

That's funny, I was just thinking this myself last week. I can't take credit for the idea, though, as I wasn't the first to share it with the group. Good idea though.