Doctor wants to put a hole in my eardrum.

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

bobbydj
on a wing and a prayer

Post by bobbydj » Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:48 pm

Tatertot wrote:Looks like bobbydj forgot to take his medications!
Because look everyone, we're actually talking about this very subject - the taking of medication. And so, right, this comment is actually really, really clever!!

*slaps thighs wildly*
Bobby D. Jones
Producer/Engineer
(Wives with Knives, Tyrone P. Spink, Potemkin Villagers et al)

bobbydj
on a wing and a prayer

Post by bobbydj » Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:49 pm

Tatertot wrote:I rest my case.
While you at it, rest your fucking keyboard as well, dick.
Bobby D. Jones
Producer/Engineer

majortom
pushin' record

Post by majortom » Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:41 pm

Bobbdj

Let's see I 'll try to keep words like twat out of my reply...

I was trying to say that in many cases you CAN have a causal relationship, or at least as close as you can get with ANY treatment, if you can't allow for this then how exactly can you say one thing is better or even equal to anything else ever?

and no, I did not mean "unknown quantiy" I meant measuring an untested procedure(s) against KNOWN procedures with cure rates and or simple palliative outcomes, so the known procedure is the "known quantity"

for a doctor of western medicine to go into a room and do any procedure with the exception of one that has been deemed fully experimental and explained to the patient as such is against the law, so we don't get the luxury of just trying things out today, and yes we do have to have a good idea based on sound principles of what the expected outcome may be

Everything we do in life has risks and not fully known outcomes, again why things need to be tested reevaluated and tested again, thus bringing us closer to what we may expect to happen.
Moving a microphone, adjusting for phase problems...all based on experiment and principle (even if people want to say it's just luck)

It would be cool to actually have a conversation about this without the twats,fucks and other crap, I'm not at all "hard of head".

but I also see on an all too often basis people who have bought into "cures" that have wrecked thier lives because they want the direct line answer with no gray area at all, hence assuming if we can only give a high percentage on the outcome that then all things are equal.

Two days ago I met a beautiful 37 yr old woman who believed fully in taking chineese herbs for any ailment she had...even her poorly functioning kidneys.

Because of her belief that unless "we" could show her that direct link to what would happen to her and know exactly what that causal relationship was if she continued taking these supplements that were overworking her kidneys, as directly evidenced by her ever declining kidney function (at a incredibly higher rate than prior to these herbs and no other medication/dietary changes).

She is now on dialysis and in need of a transplant.

we have been monitoring her kidney function for years and estimated prior to this that she would run into trouble in about 10 yrs.

Do we know everything...nope, but again all I was trying to say was all theories, medication and belief systems are not equal until proven so and comments that suggest otherwise can be somewhat dangerous and may not even be very genuine to how you would act in the same situation...I know I would exhaust every option to live a bit longer...just so I could keep chatting with you. Have a great day!

bobbydj
on a wing and a prayer

Post by bobbydj » Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:05 am

majortom wrote: all I was trying to say was all theories, medication and belief systems are not equal until proven so and comments that suggest otherwise can be somewhat dangerous...
Theories can never be proven. Only disproven.
Bobby D. Jones
Producer/Engineer

majortom
pushin' record

Post by majortom » Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:51 am

Yeah, I guess the earth is still possibly flat and gravity does'nt really exist either, oh yeah and I guess it's stull plausible that evil spirits cause infections, cause you can't see those things that do can you...did we prove that or not? and by the way if you disporve a theory have you found out anything real.

well, I tried, good luck hope you never get sick and have to depend on some moron like me. Tom

swingdoc
tinnitus

Post by swingdoc » Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:34 am

twat eh? And who's Mark?
And where is my beautiful wife?
I was just saying that natural is best, even if its death, cuz you see, death is natural, and organic. And so is illness, thats natural too. Except Chernobyl. Thats unnatural. And sex with sheep, thats unnatural in a very natural sort of nonchemical (or interventional) sort of way.

swingdoc
tinnitus

Post by swingdoc » Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:40 am

comeontele wrote:kevin tredeau is great, did you read that book?
Fuck yah, that shit is awesome. Practically a cure for everything. Mayo Clnic, John Hopkins... they dont know squat, they dont really care. They're just in the pocket of big drug companies. Trudeau, he knows where its at. He's the only one who really cares for people's health (for just $24.95). That guys a real medical genius he is.

CabreeToe
alignin' 24-trk

Fluid Sucks

Post by CabreeToe » Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:30 am

weatherbox wrote:I went to another ENT who said he thought we should do all we could to avoid the lancing, and he fixed me up. I'd been on a steroid prescription for a week, which helped, and then we took care of the rest in a less invasive manner. He had me take a sip fo water, hold it in my mouth, and then with a tube put up my nose blowing compressed air moderately hard, he had me swallow the water as he pinched my nose shut - it got the tubes opened and blew the fluid out down my throat. Sorta gross, but a few times doing that and we cleared most of it out.
I'd Like to know if doing that caused any pain? Also, have you had any history with ear pain from allergies etc...

I only ask because I myself have enough fluid pressure in my ear to make me dizzy, and feel like the left ear has lost something in the 8khz range. Its difficult for me to determine the actual danger the pressure poses because I currently take pain medications for an old shoulder injury.

This coming Thursday I'll be seeing an ENT. I would have gone much sooner had I not been completely broke. I'm sure the ENT would be aware of any danger that the compressed air swallowing treatment would pose. But then again I've had them tell me everything looks peachy while my ear is in pain.
but thats South Texas worst place in the country for allergies.

Cabreetoe

bradb
pushin' record

Post by bradb » Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:02 pm

can anyone explain the mechanics of the sip of water, compressed air procedure?

i imagine the water in the mouth is going to create a siphon so that as it exits the mouth it draws the nasty out of the eustation tubes.. but whats with the compressed air?

sorry.... engineering mind..

weatherbox
re-cappin' neve

Post by weatherbox » Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:35 pm

caused no pain, and no, no prior history of these sorts of things or severe allergies.

as for how it works, I guess the air just pushes the nasties out of the channels opened when you take a gulp. Once we got the bulk of it out, I'd just pinch my nose and clear little bits of it by trying to exhale against, like how you equalize your ears diving.