looking for a decent reverb plug-in....

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

inverseroom
on a wing and a prayer

Post by inverseroom » Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:51 am

mrufino1 wrote:audiodamage reverence, www.audiodamage.com
$39 and worth every penny. And SIR works really well, just learn how to compensate for the 8960 sample delay it introduces.
Also, spin audio roomverb m2 is really good.
All are vst's though, so you will need the wrapper.
+1 that plug is superb. Reverence I mean...

RefD
on a wing and a prayer

Post by RefD » Sun Dec 24, 2006 9:35 pm

dwlb wrote:*records pin-drop with AKG 414 through Studer console, still has to filter out HVAC rumble and street noise with 4 NR passes*
yah, well the HVAC closet is literally 2 1/2 feet from the door of my music room. :(

i used to just shut that all off when i recorded, but now i have me dotter's health and safety to consider.

*pulls Chrimbo cracker and discovers tiny kazoo*
?What need is there to weep over parts of life? The whole of it calls for tears.? -- Seneca

RefD
on a wing and a prayer

Post by RefD » Sun Dec 24, 2006 9:36 pm

oh yeah, i love the SIR impulse plug.

sounds great to me and it'll even run well on a P3/450!
?What need is there to weep over parts of life? The whole of it calls for tears.? -- Seneca

Quest Poetics
suffering 'studio suck'

Post by Quest Poetics » Sun Dec 24, 2006 11:02 pm

Brotha there's a free audiosuite impulse reverb in the free pluggo runtime...Look up my user name in the search engine and I talk all about it...I sold all my reverb units after I found this thing...It sounds excellent and it's free....Only draw back is that it's audiosuite only but that's really nice because I can then save all of my processing for more tracks....

I think the plug is called JKimpulse but I could be wrong...Anyhow look up my user name and you'll see it from approx. 6months ago...

Peace
www.rhymeandmelody.com

Podcast where we review gear as well as drop Guitars / Beatboxing / Freestyle rhyme one week and the following episode you hear the fully produced track.

Peace and keep recording!!!

knobtwirler
suffering 'studio suck'

Post by knobtwirler » Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:26 pm

Audiosuite only means you'd have to imagine what the reverb sounds like because it won't work in real time. How do you handle that?

RefD
on a wing and a prayer

Post by RefD » Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:30 pm

use SIR. :D

rfbutter
gettin' sounds

Post by rfbutter » Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:42 am

Sound Campaign wrote:
I think the plug is called JKimpulse but I could be wrong...Anyhow look up my user name and you'll see it from approx. 6months ago...
JKimpulse is correct and it's so good. You can get to his site through the plug in stickie at the top of the page. I also recommend the the JK phone plug in. It's good for crunching up drums, 12 bit style.
no war for heavy metal!