Not a valid audio volume?!?

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

joel hamilton
zen recordist

Post by joel hamilton » Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:01 am

JdJ wrote:Strangely- this used to happen to me after having plugged in an iPod while having my audio drive on. The next time I'd open PT I would have to go through the ritual above...

FWIW I'm on 7.4 now and have yet to do the workspace jig.

-J
That would happen every time? Like consistently enough that you knew it would happen if you plugged in an ipod?
Weird! was it a USB one? Did itunes automatically open when you did that? (was it set that way, I mean). I havent had that issue...

JdJ
pushin' record

Post by JdJ » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:56 am

joel hamilton wrote:
That would happen every time? Like consistently enough that you knew it would happen if you plugged in an ipod?
Weird! was it a USB one? Did itunes automatically open when you did that? (was it set that way, I mean). I havent had that issue...
Weird huh? Yeah, like enough that I would say to myself, "Huh, I have to go to the workspace again?...oh yeah, I did have my iPod plugged in last night." It's a firewire one- maybe that has something to do with it. iTunes is set to open when the pod is plugged in. Fortunately it has abated, but that also means I can't really do any tests to see what was up.

-J