Zen question of the day: Will OSX ever "mature"?

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

allbaldo
pushin' record

Post by allbaldo » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:25 pm

Remember how the Jetsons just talked to each other over their big screen? I think it'll be like that. THE appliance. It does everything. Entertainment, work, phone, music. All through voice command or whatever. It'll be fun to tell our grandkids about tape, and computers that took up whole rooms, etc.

I read somewhere that the next version of OSX is supposed to be focusing on making more use of the multicore processors we have now-a-days. Might be a good thing for audio.

squizo
pushin' record

Post by squizo » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:07 pm

will it ever 'mature' ....eh

while we're pondering that one id also like to ask will digidesign EVER give me automatic plug-in delay compensation for my LE rig??

I'll pay $100 right now digi, DO YOU HEAR ME!

i dont need anything else from the HD software. Especially that fucking iLok!!

i feel like starting a petition!

who here is with me!?

so much for meditation.

xpulsar
pushin' record

Post by xpulsar » Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:30 pm

I have been running My Mac Book Pro and Metric Halo 2882 with 10.5.3 Logic Pro 8.0.2 , Abeleton 7.0.10, Pro Tools M-audio 7.4.2 ,Plugs by PSP ,NI, Airwindows. I have had no problems. I can go between any of my programs with no hitch.
I just recently recorded my bands full length on my laptop at a industrial space we rented on Logic pro 8 for a month straight every day all day long with no problems and low latency.
I did the research and figured out what combo of programs and OS seem to be giving people headaches on the different forums. You only want to down load the updates from apples sight and to turn off Software update.

my 2 cents.