Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

dynomike
carpal tunnel

Post by dynomike » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:11 am

roygbiv wrote:
dynomike wrote:
dubphaser wrote:
dynomike wrote:Awesome, I'm glad some engineers are seeing the potential of the iPad as a controller device.

I haven't been on here much recently because I have been programming a multitouch controller app which I'm pretty sure will make iPad believers out of all y'all. Just popping into the thread to build hype, really. :)
Details please!
Imagine a controller built from the ground up for multitouch, rather than emulating analog controls.
Yes, more details if you can! I am intrigued also - will it be MacOS only, or will it also work on Windows 7?

I ask because I am very closing to popping for one of the new IBM/Lenovo Thinkpad X201 Tablets, you know, for "work". http://www.engadget.com/2010/02/23/leno ... et-review/

But seriously, I actually do need to replace my four year old Gateway tablet, which is well on its last legs. I've been holding out for years, hoping that Apple would do the Tablet right. Hence my somewhat dissapointment at the iPad.

Not to knock the iPad - I'm sure it is way cool, and I wish I could afford one and a new notebook.

I was just a little sad that it is not a full powered notebook - I was reeeally hoping Apple would come out with a total Tablet/Notebook replacement. Maybe in a few more years, as they gather data from iPad users on how people interact with touch screens.
Yep, cross-platform (windows,mac,linux)! It will also run on those multitouch windows 7 laptops/tabletx.. ie HP touchsmart.
Making Efforts and Forging Ahead Courageously! Keeping Honest and Making Innovations Perpetually!