what Reverbs are you using right now?

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

losthighway
resurrected

Post by losthighway » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:23 pm

Jim Williams wrote:Bricasti M7.
Lucky! I feel like I could cover most of my reverb ground with one of those fancy boxes.

Jim Williams
tinnitus

Post by Jim Williams » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:11 am

losthighway wrote:
Jim Williams wrote:Bricasti M7.
Lucky! I feel like I could cover most of my reverb ground with one of those fancy boxes.
I bought it to replace my tweaked up Lexy 224XL. It does 'sell the room' like no other. Something about a live recording done in an industrial box that sounds like a concert hall makes you believe the music was recorded in a beautiful space. It's top dog for acoustic recordings. It's the only reverb I've ever used that sounds great 100% wet.

I wouldn't mind having a second one.
Jim Williams
Audio Upgrades

inasilentway
gettin' sounds

Post by inasilentway » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:29 pm

blungo2 wrote:Valhalla vintage verb, i use it on everything.
Been demoing this the last few days - it's pretty much the perfect reverb for me. Shimmer and Room are incredible too. Gonna buy all 3 in short order.
"some kinds of love, the possibilities are endless"

JGriffin
zen recordist

Post by JGriffin » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:13 pm

I've been leaning very heavily on Altiverb and ReVibe at work lately. At home, I use the Classik Studio Reverbs from IK Multimedia. Though I just pulled out DVerb because I need a thick, shitty-sounding looong church.
"Jeweller, you've failed. Jeweller."

"Lots of people are nostalgic for analog. I suspect they're people who never had to work with it." ? Brian Eno

All the DWLB music is at http://dwlb.bandcamp.com/

shedshrine
deaf.

Post by shedshrine » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:54 pm

I'm really liking this little guy.
Stereo in and out, accepts +8 line level.

and a Lex lxp15, mpx1 and an effectron(s)

Jeff White
ghost haunting audio students

Post by Jeff White » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:07 pm

I have used the shit out of Poor Plate for the past few years for all sorts of stuff, usually in conjunction with Digital Performer's Trim plugin to limit the width of the reverb. I also like their ADT plugin.

I have been diving more and more into the Metric Halo HaloVerb plugin that's part of my MH 2882's 2d Card. Considering grabbing their +DSP license late this year. It has been especially awesome for tracking vocals. Easy to insert vocal headphone reverb.

I use the spring reverbs in amps, reamping them through my Grendel Sound Dead Room II. I'm considering getting the Radial 500 series Tank Driver for this job, too. I also have a Furman RV-2 rack-mount stereo spring reverb, and I want to build a housing for an old acutronics that I have laying around over here. And then there is my old trusty Quadraverb Plus from 1993.

I bought a Holy Grail Plus for $45 last spring. I use it for amps with no reverb from time to time.

I am also a delay addict.

Until my 1977 EP-3 gets fixed, I've been using a Strymon El Capistan CONSTANTLY live, in the studio, etc. I want to check out the Catalinbread Belle Epoch as is looks awesome, and I have a few of their pedals, including the Echorec. I've also been in love with Nomad Factory's Echoes, using it a whole bunch for vocals.
I record, mix, and master in my Philly-based home studio, the Spacement. https://linktr.ee/ipressrecord

A.David.MacKinnon
ears didn't survive the freeze

Post by A.David.MacKinnon » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:52 am

Just wanted to add to my previous post.
I've been doing some final mix revisions on a record that's been in production forever and ever and have started exploring the Eventide Ultra Harmonizer (H3000B) on strings and horns. It's been in the rack forever and for some reason I've never gotten too deep into it until now. I always associated it with delays and pitch shifting but the reverb patched (particularly the plate and dark room settings) are really great.

permanent hearing damage
re-cappin' neve

Post by permanent hearing damage » Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:43 pm

I'm in the box these days, so UAD stuff rules for me. EMT250 on drums, EMT 140 on vocals and Lex 224 for drums sometimes, other things here and there.

I print from my pcm60 sometimes, but not too often

trodden
on a wing and a prayer

Post by trodden » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:08 pm

Nick Sevilla wrote:
trodden wrote:At times, too many.
No such thing... ;)
Still on the lexicon LXP-1, MXP 100, SPX-90, Alesis Wedge, DOD spring reverb, and a couple effectrons for outboard. In the box reverb is still Dverb.

drumsound
zen recordist

Post by drumsound » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:17 am

I just finished an acoustic record where I only used room mics for reverb. Much of the record had 3-4 people playing at once, but on songs with overdubs, I used the same room pair to mimic everyone being in the room at the same time. I added some tape delay to a couple tunes.

My TC M3000 is my go to for most reverb duties. There are a couple really nice, realistic patches I like a lot. Piano room 3rd row is a favorite. I have a passive plate that I should use more often than I do, but its pretty cool (as long as I EQ the return). PCM 60 is a simple favorite too.

I probably use less reverb than anyone here. It's subtle 95% of the time.

honkyjonk
dead but not forgotten

Post by honkyjonk » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:38 am

I've only used outboard units, but as far as digital goes, I haven't liked any of the newer higher resolution stuff (like Kurzwiel)

My main verbs are the Alesis Wedge and the Roland SRV 330. I think I might like the Roland a little better. When tweaked right, both of those boxes can give a really cool, dark and realistic sounding space.
Stilgar, we've got wormsign the likes of which God has never seen!

kuene
takin' a dinner break

Post by kuene » Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:49 pm

thrown in for Valhalla Vintage Verb again.

it's pretty much amazing for anything, i will never seek out another reverb.

blungo2
re-cappin' neve

Post by blungo2 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:37 am

I haven't used the uad emt 140 in a loooong time as vintage verb seems to work on everything, but on the current project, it's perfect.

ott0bot
dead but not forgotten

Post by ott0bot » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:06 pm

on the last project I recorded banjo, violin, and some percussion overdubs in a giant industrial ice storage facility tht was converted into an art space. I had them close Mic'd in one of the upper floor hallways, which was pretty dry, then opened a door to a smaller, super-echo cave & a much larger room with a long decay. had mics in each one...turned out pretty amazing.

I use a sound workshop 242a with an adm Super Time-line at home, and tend to reamp through guitar pedals for verb as well.

I just tend to use the stock Air Reverb in Pro-Tools, it's pretty twerk-able for most things.

ott0bot
dead but not forgotten

Post by ott0bot » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:09 pm

inasilentway wrote:
blungo2 wrote:Valhalla vintage verb, i use it on everything.
Been demoing this the last few days - it's pretty much the perfect reverb for me. Shimmer and Room are incredible too. Gonna buy all 3 in short order.
I use the Freq-echo quite often for a little ear candy, Definately have to try out the Vintage verb with all the recommendations.