"Led Zeppelin" drum sounds have ruined rock 'n rol

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

joeysimms
ears didn't survive the freeze

Post by joeysimms » Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:53 pm

trodden wrote:wait til you try leathur pants, that will get you tone like mad fuck.
beware bee wear

chris almighty
studio intern

Post by chris almighty » Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:17 pm

Oh, man I didn't read all the pages on this thread but I think Led Zeppelin set the bar for drum sounds so friggin high and has never been duplicated. I think it's because it was more the way John Bonham played then the mics and room used. That's all soul and style rather then technique. They were smart to call it quits when he died. Unlike The Who.

blakbeltjonez
gimme a little kick & snare

Re: the zeppelin joke

Post by blakbeltjonez » Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:39 am

kentothink wrote:
Hee-man wrote:
maxadocious wrote:I mean "Whole lotta Love" is a good song, it's about a big dick, but it's awesome... that is to say AND it's awesome. I mean, shit! I wish I had the balls to write a song about that.
LZ pretty much ripped off the lyrics from a Willie Dixon tune ("You Need Love"). Plagiarism is the real heart of rock 'n' roll (regardless of what Huey Lewis says).
I think they said in the Song Remains the Same movie somewhere that they should have been pirates because they were so good at stealing. who cares...they were still kick ass and their stealing is nothing compared to hip/hop thievery.
"Dazed And Confused" is also a nearly complete rip-off of folk singer Jake Holmes' song from the mid-late 60's ... i heard the original a few months ago and springs came out of my head..... i had no idea.

jv
pushin' record

Re: the zeppelin joke

Post by jv » Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:56 am

blakbeltjonez wrote:
kentothink wrote:
Hee-man wrote:
maxadocious wrote:I mean "Whole lotta Love" is a good song, it's about a big dick, but it's awesome... that is to say AND it's awesome. I mean, shit! I wish I had the balls to write a song about that.
LZ pretty much ripped off the lyrics from a Willie Dixon tune ("You Need Love"). Plagiarism is the real heart of rock 'n' roll (regardless of what Huey Lewis says).
I think they said in the Song Remains the Same movie somewhere that they should have been pirates because they were so good at stealing. who cares...they were still kick ass and their stealing is nothing compared to hip/hop thievery.
"Dazed And Confused" is also a nearly complete rip-off of folk singer Jake Holmes' song from the mid-late 60's ... i heard the original a few months ago and springs came out of my head..... i had no idea.
Here's a good article documenting much of LZ's thievery:
http://www.furious.com/perfect/jimmypage.html