Defecting from ProTools.. Which program now?

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

jc_terrones
gettin' sounds

Post by jc_terrones » Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:17 pm

I place my vote firmly in the Steinberg camp. I have been hard core using Cubase SX 2 for 5 years now. I remember somewhere, someone did a shoot out of the mixing busses and Cubase come out on top of ProTools 001, Logic, Vegas, etc. in terms of sound quality.
Last edited by jc_terrones on Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Knights Who Say Neve
buyin' a studio

Post by Knights Who Say Neve » Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:25 pm

The Spark wrote:If your using a PC give Reaper a try (I guess a Mac version is in the works shortly). The demo is uncrippled and its seems like a cool little program for not a lot of money.
I second that, it's really easy to get into and the routing complexity is there if you need it. Super-stable on my PC, i have to unload and re-load a weird complex VST (mobius) to get it to crash. Guy who designed it was using Vegas for a model, though feature-wise it's probably beyond by now. New updates on almost a daily basis. Disclaimers- I've only used the audio side, not the midi side, and I'm a tape guy by preference, so my priority is fast intuitive operation and not super-elaborate editing.
"What you're saying is, unlike all the other writers, if it was really new, you'd know it was new when you heard it, and you'd love it. <b>That's a hell of an assumption</b>". -B. Marsalis

these_go211
pushin' record

Post by these_go211 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:50 am

i went from pro tools to tracktion and have never missed pt. LOVE tracktion! :D
"well, it's one louder, isn't it...."

http://web.mac.com/chuckelizondo