A basic sampler for live shows?

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

NewAndImprov
re-cappin' neve

Post by NewAndImprov » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:29 pm

trodden wrote:
kayagum wrote:To clarify slightly: the 1202 needs to be the VLZ model or later for the mic level output option via the mains. The original 1202 does not have that option: line level only.

Either way, trodden pointed out a brilliant swiss army knife use of a Mackie board. I have a 1202 and a 1402 for the same reason, and they have never failed me. Ever.
ahhh good to point out! yeah man, i've had the 1202 VLZ for about ten years now, bought used as well.. that thing has had so much beer spilled on it, lived in the dingiest rehearsal spaces, and seen many many miles and cities while on the road. It shows its use, but everything operates just fine, hell even been dropped from drunken load outs a few times, while stored in a soft lap top case.

a common phrase muttered drunkenly while on tour many many many many times.. "ANYONE REMEMBER LOADING THE MACKIE?" I had so much freakin' crap, i'm amazed my drunk ass never left much behind besides a mic stand and cable here and there.. hell i think i outfitted some crappy venues with "better" mic stands and cables due to me leaving some behind.. sucked carrying all that crap on the road, but with five vocalists and a few keyboard rigs, extra gear meant many times we got to play rather than everyone sharing two mics...
Nice testimonial! I bought an original 1202 for about $100 in the mid-90's, and it served me admirably until about a year ago, a whole bunch of stuff failed on it at once and I decided it was time for it to be retired. But that thing was a keyboard mixer, effects mixer, sometimes main PA mixer on last-minute shows, mic preamps on remote recordings, it just did so much and took so much abuse. Possibly the most bang-for-buck piece of gear I have ever owned.

trodden
on a wing and a prayer

Post by trodden » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:40 am

NewAndImprov wrote: But that thing was a keyboard mixer, effects mixer, sometimes main PA mixer on last-minute shows, mic preamps on remote recordings, .
WE HAVE TWINS SEPARATED FROM BIRTH!!!!