Fryette Valvulator GP/DI Guitar Amp

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

Dan Phelps
steve albini likes it

Post by Dan Phelps » Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:23 pm

Funded! Now you will know me by the bruises on my forehead.

MoreSpaceEcho
zen recordist

Post by MoreSpaceEcho » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:08 pm

awesome! congrats.

dented42ford
audio school

Post by dented42ford » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:15 pm

Half an hour left, and we're at $72.5k...

Thanks to everyone!

I'm going to keep with the updates after the campaign ends - one really big thing we're trying to prove with this is that being communicative is not necessarily as damaging as is the common opinion amongst many of our peers...

kslight
mixes from purgatory

Post by kslight » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:29 am

dented42ford wrote:Half an hour left, and we're at $72.5k...

Thanks to everyone!

I'm going to keep with the updates after the campaign ends - one really big thing we're trying to prove with this is that being communicative is not necessarily as damaging as is the common opinion amongst many of our peers...

It's destitute campaigns like this one that are going to kill crowd funding for everyone else. I feel like I dodged a bullet (again) here, I vowed not to ever pledge several hundred or more on a tech product after a bad experience with a campaign a few years ago as well as watching other campaigns I was seriously considering get delayed or become completely insolvent! See that most recent Devi Ever campaign, where he/she blatantly admits after years go by they used the money for "medical bills" (sex change op?) and that they'd have to SUE to get a refund. You know there's an Elka Synthex reissue campaign on Indiegogo I'd really like to own too...but I just have a hard time feeling good about flushing $3k down the toilet should the guy fail to deliver on his promises, especially being some kind of legal gray area to seek action against failed campaigns. Personally I'd rather pay a little more once the product is released and other people have had a chance to verify that it meets expectations.

Best of luck, though. I was just curious today how your campaign was going since I never saw your product for sale.