Monoprice - don't believe (all) the hype!!!

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

digitaldrummer
cryogenically thawing

Post by digitaldrummer » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:59 am

Monoprice had the best prices anywhere on short IEC power cables. I picked up some 1, 2, and 3 footers. The 1ft is really short but OK if you are just going from 1 rack U to another - or maybe 3U at the most depending on the depth of equipment. the 2 and 3 footers are probably more practical and great for inside racks - not that you can't just wrap up a longer cord, but they do take up space.

One other thing I have to mention is that Monoprice has 15ft rolls of velcro. I'm a huge fan of velcro. I love it. I cut it into 4" or 5" strips and use it to wrap cables. On the drums, where I have a semi permanent setup, I use it to dress the cables on the stands. anyway this stuff is great and again the lowest price I have seen anywhere. and it comes in colors. I picked up some red velcro to identify my cables I use on gigs. btw, I do not like the velcro that stays affixed on the cable. while it keeps you from losing it, it doesn't always end up in the optimal spot after you wind the cable... I guess I could have real problems...
8)
Mike
www.studiodrumtracks.com -- Drum tracks starting at $50!
www.doubledogrecording.com