DIY Reamp

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

GravityRobert
ass engineer

Post by GravityRobert » Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:10 am

Hi guys,

I was wondering if one of you guys could be so kind to send me the NYdave schematic, the link is void and I tried messaging him on myspace with no luck(sofar).

Maybe one of you guys can upload it to a imagehost like www.imageshack.us or www.photobucket.com?

many thanks in advance, I have another request, would one of you kind members please list all the parts needed to make this box, please?

many thanks in advance,

Robert

rhythm ranch
mixes from purgatory

Post by rhythm ranch » Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:14 am

Send me your email address via PM and I'll send you the schematic.

djimbe
tinnitus

Post by djimbe » Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:01 am

GravityRobert wrote: many thanks in advance, I have another request, would one of you kind members please list all the parts needed to make this box, please?
PM me your snail mail details. I have a 5 page package of info that includes the schematic, parts list with stock numbers from Mouser and Edcor, wiring info for those that can't read a schematic, etc.
I thought this club was for musicians. Who let the drummer in here??

GravityRobert
ass engineer

Post by GravityRobert » Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:10 am

rhythm ranch wrote:Send me your email address via PM and I'll send you the schematic.
Done, boss :)
djimbe wrote:PM me your snail mail details. I have a 5 page package of info that includes the schematic, parts list with stock numbers from Mouser and Edcor, wiring info for those that can't read a schematic, etc.
That would be great, many thanks to the two of you. :shock:

garbagelarge
alignin' 24-trk

Post by garbagelarge » Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:18 pm

hi - does anyone know how to modify one of these circuits to make it switchable from a reamp box to a d.i., a la the Little Labs Redeye?

thanks, ben

GravityRobert
ass engineer

Post by GravityRobert » Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:20 am

I'm trying to collect parts to make 2 of these boxes. I'm situated in the Netherlands and I have a few questions regarding some of the parts I got on the list Djimbe sent me. We have 230 volts net tension here so I'm not sure if the parts will work.... P.S. the links should work if you copy/paste them in your browser.

- SWITCH1 mouser #1055-TA2120 http://www.mouser.com/search/ProductDet ... 055-TA2120
It says '6 A at 125 v", we have 230 volt here so I dont know if a similair model to this would work.

- SWITCH2 mouser #1055-TA2160 (obsolete)
http://www.mouser.com/search/Refine.asp ... _Wildcards
This one, again says 6A at 125v and its not available anymore.

- VR2 is obsolete so I'll need an alternative model
http://www.mouser.com/search/ProductDet ... key31VA405

- J2 (Output connector) says its a stereo phone jack.... Aren't guitars mono?
http://www.mouser.com/search/Refine.asp ... _Wildcards

Also (noob alert), it says the transformator from Edcor goes from 10,000 to 150 ohms line, is that correct because I thought you had to go from line level to hi-Z?

Thanks guys!

Robert

djimbe
tinnitus

Post by djimbe » Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:51 am

Yeah, you know those probably aren't RoHS compliant parts I have on that old parts list. Could be some of the "obsolete" messages you're getting.

The switches: You won't be running your mains (220V) signal through this box. It will see line level input signal, which is much smaller voltage. WAY below the 125V rating of those switches.

The trafo: you'd be inputting a line level signal that is expecting to see a high level impedence (like 10k Ohms) reflected back to it's source and the box knocks that down to something more like what an instrument is. VR2's job is to fine tune that impedence.

The output jack: You could use an unballanced jack, I guess. I've always built them with the ballanced jack so I can add the ground to the star ground I use for the ballanced input.

I've built a number of those boxes off those docs I sent you with no issues, so you should be able to do the same...European location or no...

(edit)

O.K. yeah, some of those are RoHS non-compliant. For VR2, follow the link to the RoHS compliant version

for SW2 try:

http://www.mouser.com/search/Refine.asp ... =1323038+0

This means for SW1 you'd want #1055-TA2120-EVX

Sorry for the confusion Robert. Us 'Mericans...we don't care 'bout no lead or other dangerous chemicals in electronic parts...
Last edited by djimbe on Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

blacklisted
gimme a little kick & snare

Post by blacklisted » Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:43 am

can someone send me the schematics for this?

ballpein
pushin' record

Post by ballpein » Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:01 pm

I too would love to get my hands on these schematics.

If someone has the time, here is a very good file-hosting site where the image would not expire or disappear:

http://www.divshare.com/

If someone would be so kind as to point me at schems or other info, I'll take care of posting it up there myself, for the sake of posterity.

thanks in advance!

GravityRobert
ass engineer

Post by GravityRobert » Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:12 pm

Djimbe thank you for your work so far, this is gonna work out just fine. I'll be building 2 boxes. One for me, one for a friend from Finland 8)

Blacklisted and Ballpein, unless Djimbe doesnt want me to, I could scan these papers (believe there are 5 pages) and upload them to a hosting page. The instructions are very detailed and clear.

djimbe
tinnitus

Post by djimbe » Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:07 pm

O.K.

1.) the schematic in question is NOT my work. Just so everyone is clear there. A guy who used to post here as NYDave originally posted it a number of years ago. I've built several of these things for myself and some of my regular freelancers, and developed a little system that seems to work.

2.) The directions I've passed out are partially handwritten in my scrawl. If they're to be hosted somewhere, maybe the someone would clean them up first.

3.) You know what would be cool? Build one and post a photo log of the job. Make YOURS and tell folks about it. Others won't need bad hand skteches if they can look at photos. I rarely photograph things, so I didn't present my version that way. I don't make near the use of this newfangled WWW medium that some of you do, so you that are good with this stuff, go nuts. I know I learned more about making up ELCO connectors from a guy who did such a photo thing than I could have by reading bad sketches.

I've had a long week at the day job. I get tomorrow night in my space and I'm looking forward to it...maybe wire #2 plate into the bay finally, now that I got the driver amp working right...

GravityRobert
ass engineer

Post by GravityRobert » Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:45 am

Yeah I could make a photo tutorial on this. I'll try to get a program with which I can make acrobat files so I could tug it together and all.

Ok got it, I'll make a scan of your documents first and post these here.

GravityRobert
ass engineer

Post by GravityRobert » Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:38 pm

Ok here it is with a updated partslist (read disclaimer too, I havent tried these parts yet but its what I ordered, anyway)
http://rapidshare.com/files/28599374/NY ... uments.rar

peterc
alignin' 24-trk

Post by peterc » Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:37 pm

Robert

Any chance you could load this onto Photobucket? The Rapidshare free download limit has been reached.

Thanks
Peter
Home of the Green Pre [ 1176neve.tripod.com ]

GravityRobert
ass engineer

Post by GravityRobert » Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:26 pm

peterc wrote:Robert

Any chance you could load this onto Photobucket? The Rapidshare free download limit has been reached.

Thanks
Peter
Jup, no problem.. follow this link:
http://s135.photobucket.com/albums/q130 ... e%20Reamp/