Call me crazy Pro Tools...

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

waxboy
audio school graduate

Call me crazy Pro Tools...

Post by waxboy » Sun Feb 19, 2006 7:10 pm

So I've no idea why this isnt working the way I intend - Maybe I'm just totally nuts.

I've reached the point of finally asking for help :P

Long time reader, not a poster of TapeOp, so be kind.

With my Pro Tools setup - I'm having an issue that I cant believe I cant seem to figure out here.
I've got a bunch of tracks - but Ive bussed all my drum tracks down to a single stereo master - with other mono tracks not being bussed.

I was attempting to insert my Ozone onto the Stereo Drum track - but everytime I DO, all the other tracks are going out of time (I believe its because the wet/dry ratio on the Ozone is set to 100 or something) and I cant get it in time. I've tried using the SEND on the I/O's of the stereo drum track and sending it to an Aux track with Ozone - but same deal.

Now I can edit the drum track, wipe it and clean it up to get it completely in time - but thats a pain in my ass. Is there anyway to get rid of the time delay with this plug? I know with delays and such you just change the mix db, but this plug doesnt seem to have that option.

*takes out the scissors*

qbert1
gettin' sounds

Post by qbert1 » Sun Feb 19, 2006 8:46 pm

It sounds like Ozone has some internal processing latency. If that's the cause, it's easy to work around.

I'm not near my PT computer right now, but if memory serves, you can control click (could be alt click) on the bottom of the Ozone track where the fader level is displayed. One or two control clicks will toggle you to the amount of latency Ozone is producing. Once you have that number (in samples), you can nudge the appropriate audio of the effected tracks ahead to match the latency numbers. Then the processed tracks and the unprocessed tracks should sound in time.

I hope that helps. It could be something in Ozone, as you mentioned. I don't know Ozone, but the PT latency thing could be the culprit.

Good luck