Massey plug-ins disappeared?

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

SoulOfJonas
pushin' record

Massey plug-ins disappeared?

Post by SoulOfJonas » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:47 pm

Has this happened to anyone else? :?:

I was hoping to use the TapeHead demo I have on my current project and it's not showing up in my list of plug-ins. Actually all the Massey demos I have aren't showing up. I searched for them and they're still in the folders where all my other plug-ins reside but Pro Tools isn't seeing em. I was just using them a few weeks ago and as much as I can remember I haven't changed anything on this computer.

What am I missing?

-JV
John Valencia - Freelance audio-recorder-mixer guy
-One East Recording (Matt Wells)
-Melody Lanes (Jay Braun)

ott0bot
dead but not forgotten

Post by ott0bot » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:21 am

Mine are still working without any problems. Maybe just download them again and re-install?

EDIT: I just upgraded to PT 8 and there still there with no problems.
Last edited by ott0bot on Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

decocco
pushin' record

Post by decocco » Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:51 am

I think the demos may be limited to 44.1 kHz sample rate. Is your session using a higher sample rate?
-Chris D.

joel hamilton
zen recordist

Post by joel hamilton » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:18 pm

I have had the EQ plug disappear a few times. I have no idea what causes it. It doesnt seem to be a "known issue" to Steve (massey).
He was just at my studio last week and I forgot to ask (bug) him about that.
I use his plugins on almost every mix I do on something, and I will fully support him and his work 100%. Steve is awesome. Maybe he could chime in here about this?
I will email him the link to this thread.....
Steve?

soundandform
studio intern

Post by soundandform » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:56 am

If you're working with the demos, then my first guess would be it's a sample rate thing -- most of the demos work at 44.1/48k. (TD5 and the De:Esser demos go higher.)

If you've got full versions installed, then I would double check the Plug-Ins folder to ensure that there aren't also duplicate copies of the demos installed by accident. This will confuse the heck out of Pro Tools. It may insert the full version, but use the demo's feature set.

And, as always, deleting "DAE Prefs" and restarting Pro Tools is always a good thing for dealing with plugin quirkiness.

Hope this helps,
Steve

Bro Shark
re-cappin' neve

Post by Bro Shark » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:40 pm

Massey plugs are the only ones I actually have fun with. Everything else I kind of have to plug my nose while using.

Steve. A while back on your blog you were going to tackle the subject of Dither. Then you changed your mind. Any chance we can get your manifesto, I'd be curious to read your thoughts on this.

SoulOfJonas
pushin' record

Post by SoulOfJonas » Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:22 am

Hey guys,

Thanks for the replies. I was out on a short tour with my band for around 10 days.

The guys with the sample rate suggestion had it right. It never occurred to me that the demos only went up to 48k and the session I was working on was 88.2k. I usually don't work at more than 48k when I have the choice but that's how I was given this project. The track came out well regardless but having the tapehead plug would've been great - more reason for me to buy the legit versions.

I agree the Massey plug-ins are incredibly fun and intuitive to work with. Besides the Massey stuff, I also recently fell in love with the demos from TriTone\ but then they went ahead and discontinued all their plugs temporarily before I had a chance to buy em. Their EQs sounded amazing.

-JV
John Valencia - Freelance audio-recorder-mixer guy
-One East Recording (Matt Wells)
-Melody Lanes (Jay Braun)