Introducing: SPAM! Just ask madonna, its amazing.

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

ott0bot
dead but not forgotten

Post by ott0bot » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:56 am

It's only 7 grand too. :roll:

Bro Shark
re-cappin' neve

Post by Bro Shark » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:07 am

Nick Sevilla wrote:I think he may be Danny Lanois' mutant half brother from another planet...? Maybe?
Wikipedia says that he is... and he engineered everyone's favorite Raffi album, "Adult Entertainment!"

dsw
tinnitus

Post by dsw » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:19 am

And now, for your engineering pleasure, get ready to be wowed ladies and gentleman, by the newest, latest, greatest, most amazing compressor to grace the racks of the best studios on the planet: the BR-549.

This bad boy weighs a hefty 900 pounds and has only one knob. But here's the best part: you can't hear what it does! that's right.
So transparent, it doesn't change your sound at all! Only the most sophisticated ears will understand the beauty and sincerity of this fine product.

Connecting the BR-549 is a snap! there are no connections. that's right you heard me, you don't even have to put the BR-549 in your signal path. It knows. through new technology so advanced even the scientists at NASA that did the initial development don't know how it works.

The BR-549 will never need repair. In fact you can't open the box. In fact it's not a box at all but rather a solid block of titani-aluminumum-steel. This is one of those pieces of gear that you know the first time you see it how great it really is and how generations to come will sings its praises.

So how much does this phenomenally executed work of engineering genius set you back? Before we answer, how much would you pay to make your mixes sound like God's own mixes without even changing a single kilo herz? How much would you pay to have a piece of gear that will last forever and use no electricty? How much would you pay to gain the respect and trust of an entire industry? Think about that Skippy and then go kidnap one of Donald Trumps kids. This limited run one of a kind opportunity comes along so few times in a persons life, that you simply can't truly put a numerical sum on its highly polished and impervious face. Let's put it this way. There's more than two commas in the price and that's a bargain!

Place your orders now!
"Analog smells like thrift stores. Digital smells like tiny hands from far away." - O-it-hz

musicians are fuckers, but even worse are people who like musicians, they're total fuckers.

John Hardy
studio intern

Post by John Hardy » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:30 am

The BL99 was announced on Gearslutz. There were things that were said on one of the videos that the GP2 folks made regarding the product that I took issue with. I put together a lengthy response. Rather than re-post it here, I thought I would just provide a link to it:

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/new-prod ... ost6537443

Definitely not trying to divert everyone to Gearslutz, just trying to save bandwidth. Happy to answer any questions here.

Thank you very much.

John Hardy
The John Hardy Co.
www.johnhardyco.com

Jim Williams
tinnitus

Post by Jim Williams » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:47 am

That about sums it up.

Jensen JT110 mic transformer = $70.
990 opamp = $75
20 years to figure out that wrong combination = priceless, or should I say, $7000?
Jim Williams
Audio Upgrades

John Hardy
studio intern

Post by John Hardy » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:07 am

And the 990 is even less expensive than that: $49.95

tactics
steve albini likes it

Post by tactics » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:50 am

kinger wrote:
create-a-buzz wrote:These are fantastic. A must have for the new mellineum. A new studio classic imho. :!: Wow. Amazing. Just amazing. Sonic bliss. So warm yet defined, pristine yet gritty, orgasmic yet fertile, systemic yet retroactive, ambivalent yet uncaring, yes yet no,
Sold! I mean, if you can't trust create-a-buzz, who can you trust?
Lol....create-a-buzz is so discrete.
cleantone wrote:
Microphone Case, Black, Plastic N/A $30.00
What is this case like? I've been thinking about getting one.

Nick Sevilla
on a wing and a prayer

Post by Nick Sevilla » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:39 pm

John Hardy wrote:The BL99 was announced on Gearslutz. There were things that were said on one of the videos that the GP2 folks made regarding the product that I took issue with. I put together a lengthy response. Rather than re-post it here, I thought I would just provide a link to it:

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/new-prod ... ost6537443

Definitely not trying to divert everyone to Gearslutz, just trying to save bandwidth. Happy to answer any questions here.

Thank you very much.

John Hardy
The John Hardy Co.
www.johnhardyco.com
Hi John,

Thank you for the detailed information clearing up some of the issues there.
Any news on your company? I do love your M1s, just hope to see them in a different format at some point, if possible...(hint: in the 500 series maybe?)

Cheers
Howling at the neighbors. Hoping they have more mic cables.