Pro Tools 8.0.5 Windows 7 psuedo clocking jitter

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

fifthstory
pluggin' in mics

Pro Tools 8.0.5 Windows 7 psuedo clocking jitter

Post by fifthstory » Thu May 19, 2011 10:00 pm

hey all,

i'm hoping someone can help me with this issue. i recently replaced my laptop and moved on to Windows 7. I got Pro Tools 8.0.5 successfully installed and was ready to record.

When I started tracking I noticed distortion and digital artifacts that resembled jitter that would occur from a clocking issue. The only problem is I'm only using the m-box with internal clocking (no external digital sources)

I've looked all over the web for a fix and can't seem to find one. Can someone please tell me what this is about?

thanks,
Chris

digitaldrummer
cryogenically thawing

Re: Pro Tools 8.0.5 Windows 7 psuedo clocking jitter

Post by digitaldrummer » Fri May 20, 2011 8:53 am

do you have the latest drivers (you can actually grab the 9.0 drivers that were posted on the avid site). there were problems with the 002/003 drivers for sure that they finally seemed to have fixed. also, disable any power savings that might try to power down the usb ports or your hard disk, etc. that usually only makes PT angry. You also might want to post on duc.avid.com if you have not already.

fifthstory wrote:hey all,

i'm hoping someone can help me with this issue. i recently replaced my laptop and moved on to Windows 7. I got Pro Tools 8.0.5 successfully installed and was ready to record.

When I started tracking I noticed distortion and digital artifacts that resembled jitter that would occur from a clocking issue. The only problem is I'm only using the m-box with internal clocking (no external digital sources)

I've looked all over the web for a fix and can't seem to find one. Can someone please tell me what this is about?

thanks,
Chris
Mike
www.studiodrumtracks.com -- Drum tracks starting at $50!
www.doubledogrecording.com

fifthstory
pluggin' in mics

Post by fifthstory » Fri May 20, 2011 9:31 am

cool, thanx! i'll give the driver update a whirl and see what the avid board has to say.

thanks a ton!

fifthstory
pluggin' in mics

Post by fifthstory » Fri May 20, 2011 10:09 pm

so i tried the new drivers as well as checking into the power saving options. i also added extra buffer just in case but the clicking/popping/distortion keeps on happening.

any other ideas?