Looking for a Recording Space in Atlanta.

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

StudioChris37
ass engineer

Looking for a Recording Space in Atlanta.

Post by StudioChris37 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:31 pm

Hey Guys
Currently im stuck in orlando, florida and contemplating a move to Hotlanta, GA.

The problem of course is i have en entire studio full of gear, a SONY desk, outboard, instruments, guitar amps, and a cat that will probably have to come with me.

What im looking for is, either a room to rent in a built out studio with no gear, or a warehouse i can adjust to suit my needs, or perhaps a partnership. although this has generally been to my disadvantage in the past. So with that being said, anybody looking for a tenant with a ton of gear?

Thanks guys!
Chris

nag hammadi
gettin' sounds

Post by nag hammadi » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:34 am

hey chris. i am not sure what his situation is these days, but i used to share a studio with bo harmon form velocity screen printing in atlanta.

i am not sure what his situation is these days, but i know he is pretty well connected in the atlanta scene. he would probably be able to give you a few solid leads if nothing more.

worth an email at any rate. tell him emanual sent you.

maybe he won't hold it against you! :)
i can't really hear my solo, man

bronsonmestizo
gimme a little kick & snare

Post by bronsonmestizo » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:37 am

I'm in Athens/ Have a few friends in Atlanta w/ spaces... It's not cheap. Even the "Red Light" district is pricey in terms of rent. You may try talking to a couple of my friends who operate studios, see if they could use a little help with rent if you park your gear there. PM me and I'll give you some contact info.

Tragabigzanda
steve albini likes it

Post by Tragabigzanda » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:58 am

Ben Allen (Tape Op #76, interviewed by me) just moved out of his space in Atlanta like two days ago. Maybe it's available? Seems like it's served him well for a while...
Alex C. McKenzie