DC VIP Plugin Series

Post by metanoiastudios » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:50 am

http://www.paulojuarez.com
*Will trade design work for gear!*

Nick Sevilla
on a wing and a prayer

Re: DC VIP Plugin Series

Post by Nick Sevilla » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:14 am

metanoiastudios wrote:Anyone take a look at these?

http://rekkerd.org/dontcrack-releases-v ... in-series/
I'm downloading them now... Hopefully the spl like one does not mangle the audio like I think it will...
Howling at the neighbors. Hoping they have more mic cables.

TapeOpLarry
TapeOp Admin
TapeOp Admin

Post by TapeOpLarry » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:56 am

DC seems like a funny-as-hell name for something in audio. I don't want any DC in my audio. They probably have no idea what that means...
Larry Crane, Editor/Founder Tape Op Magazine
please visit www.tapeop.com for contact information
(do not send private messages via this board!)
www.larry-crane.com

metanoiastudios
buyin' gear

Post by metanoiastudios » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:42 pm

It IS kinda funny, but seems unlikely that a company that deals exclusively with audio-related products be unaware of what "DC" means.

Any word regarding the actual sound of these plugins...anyone?
http://www.paulojuarez.com
*Will trade design work for gear!*

Nick Sevilla
on a wing and a prayer

Post by Nick Sevilla » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:55 pm

TapeOpLarry wrote:DC seems like a funny-as-hell name for something in audio. I don't want any DC in my audio. They probably have no idea what that means...
Maybe it's from their website name :

Don't Crack... D...C...

And I also hate DC in my audio.

I'll take it light please.
Howling at the neighbors. Hoping they have more mic cables.

kinger
steve albini likes it

Post by kinger » Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:51 am

I took them for a quick spin. Nothing really stood out for me; they all sound good but so does a lot of other stuff, some cheaper, some not. I think if you were starting from scratch the bundle might not be a bad way to go.

DontCrack
audio school

Post by DontCrack » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:29 am

Hello fellows,

My name is peter and I work for DontCrack. Just discovered the site and subscribed to the print magazine after reading a few very nice articles.

For your information, I landed on TapeOP following a link from our partner's Sonnox eNewsletter that took me to the interesting Fraunhofer Pro-Codec Review. A few more clicks and Oh... a topic about our new DC V.I.P. Series plug-ins. How cool ! Hope you don't mind if I bring a few clarifications.

1- No DC doesn't stand for "Direct Current". It is an abbreviation of Don't Crack that simply makes it easy to locate our plugs in DAWS plug-ins list.

2- You sure may wonder why we launched a series of plug-ins in the overcrowded audio plug-ins market. Well here's our point of view :

"In today's market, music production is constantly evolving. Producers and artists alike need professional sounding plug-ins that are simple and easy-to-use. All too often, precious studio time is wasted struggling with audio plug-ins that are unnecessarily complicated to install and operate. Plug-ins need to inspire creativity, not restrain it!" That was the basic idea...

Now we certainly didn't mean to re-invent the wheel ! We simply wanted to get back to the roots by offering good sounding audio plug-ins that are nice and easy to tweak as was old analog gear, right ? Why not make digital plug-ins with such concept in mind ? Well that's what we did ! We partnered with top software developers and designers and created what we believe might become standard plug-ins for producers that are under pressure and need quick results in their daily tasks. That's all it is and that's how we hope professionals will consider our set of plug-ins...

Our V.I.P. Bundle today contains 22 basic plug-ins but we promised to offer over 40 plug-ins by the end of 2012 and that for no extra charge as the bundle upgrades time after time. The new plug-ins will be created following users requests in our dedicated forum board and monitoring hot topics as this one. We do monitor users feedback and have already launched 4 updates following users bug reports and suggestions.

If that is of any interest for your work and business, please do take the time to download and demo our plug-ins as you might just be surprised by the quality and how easy they are to use. Since launch, we received amazing testimonials posted on our site and other boards... A quick Google will show the interest others have for our plug-ins while all agree they won't replace plug-ins they use under specific tasks. Just an other approach that we believe has a reason to be...

I truly hope this will not be considered as basic marketing blabla or spam. We at DontCrack are passionate users that have been working hard over the years to support and market audio developers products. Our V.I.P. plug-in series is the natural extension of our experience dealing with audio developers and artists that use their plug-ins. We hope professionals will give them the time consideration they deserve as we involved a great amount of time and energy into that project. It is YOU that will make things happen and we look forward to your sincere and constructive feedback.

Kind Regards - Peter
DontCrack
Peter Donovan
Customer Support
www.DontCrack.com

DontCrack
audio school

Post by DontCrack » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:21 pm

Dear friends,

We are pleased to announce a new update that fixes a few bugs reported by users !

===============================================
FIXED BUGS - MODIFICATIONS: 10/04/2011 Version 1.1.2
===============================================

- Fixed : DC-Digital Reverb the selector size wasn't changing the reverb size correctly.
- Fixed : DC-Degradiator AU 64bit version was not working.
- Fixed : DC-Monster Boost AU 64bit version was not working.

We are working on new plug-ins but our devs are driving crazy with the numerous great requests we receive every day !!! Looks like it is 100 plug-ins that we'll need to make to satisfy everyone ! We'll do our best...

Here's the link to our download section.

All the best - Peter
DontCrack
Peter Donovan
Customer Support
www.DontCrack.com

Bill @ Irie Lab
suffering 'studio suck'

Post by Bill @ Irie Lab » Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:16 pm

It seems there is the potential for bias against DC on TOMB :roll:
I&TC - Intonation and Technology Company
Irie Lab Sound Studios

***** Sound Science & Soul *****

Bill @ Irie Lab
suffering 'studio suck'

Post by Bill @ Irie Lab » Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:19 pm

Seriously, I've downloaded but not installed the package.

I have a sick thing for cheesy VST plate 'verbs, I hope this will not disappoint.
I&TC - Intonation and Technology Company
Irie Lab Sound Studios

***** Sound Science & Soul *****