UAD iLok 2 activations or 1?

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

christiannokes
steve albini likes it

UAD iLok 2 activations or 1?

Post by christiannokes » Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:23 pm

I'm new at using iLok and new with Universal Audio gear as well. Up until now I've only ever used stock plugins in Logic.

The iLok account is set up and I registered the plugins and Apollo X4. That's all working great and the licenses are all on the iLok Cloud.

So I notice in the activations column it says "1 of 2 activations used."
I deduce that the 1 activation is for iLok Cloud that I have to be signed into via Internet/plugged into my Apollo X4. Am I wrong in thinking I have a second activation I can put onto my new iLok dongle that won't require deactivating on Cloud/activating on dongle?

Like I say I'm new at this but my ideal scenario is that I can keep 1 activation on Cloud and be plugged into X4 working, and then the other activation on the dongle which won't require me to be connected to the internet or attached to Apollo which I would use free of Apollo and internet on the road or whatever. Is this wishful thinking?

digitaldrummer
cryogenically thawing

Re: UAD iLok 2 activations or 1?

Post by digitaldrummer » Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:42 am

if it says 1 of 2, then that usually means you can activate it on 2 systems (or I assume the ilok cloud and a physical dongle). but only the new Spark plugins can do that. the UAD plugins authenticate to the hardware (your interface) and not the ilok or ilok cloud.
Mike
www.studiodrumtracks.com -- Drum tracks starting at $50!
www.doubledogrecording.com

christiannokes
steve albini likes it

Re: UAD iLok 2 activations or 1?

Post by christiannokes » Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:58 pm

Glad to know I can use the Spark versions. That will solve most of my concerns. Thanks for the reply!