Any PTHD Pluggo Users out there?

general questions, comments and ideas about recording, audio, music, etc.
Mack Damon
audio school graduate

Any PTHD Pluggo Users out there?

Post by Mack Damon » Wed May 07, 2003 2:21 am

Is this $200 pile'o'plugs worth a darn? Any specific plugs that you like from this collection? I'm awfully curious, but not willing to pony up the cash until I hear more about them from a user's experience.

Mack Damon
audio school graduate

Re: Any PTHD Pluggo Users out there?

Post by Mack Damon » Wed May 07, 2003 11:01 pm

BUMP!

I'm Painting Again
zen recordist

Post by I'm Painting Again » Thu May 08, 2003 1:25 am

I think i had hear these on my friends laptop a while ago..

They sounded really cool. I think they are geared for electronic music like aphex or detachi or mu-ziq or something like that..i'm not sure what they could be used for in more traditional music though..maybe space rock..

From what i remember they produced some really wild sounds.

eeldip
dead but not forgotten

Post by eeldip » Thu May 08, 2003 10:28 am

i have an old collection of the VST versions.

they remind me a little of GRM tools in their application... great for electronic music. great for things going totally nuts.

the degrader plug they have works pretty well. way better than the mda one, and although i have never run them head to head, i would put it up there with the logic bitcrusher thing...

oh, they have some pretty nice strange delays... generally delays with interesting modulation effects.

overall i have found them to be really fun to play with, but the music i make doesnt seem to go well with them. but they are cheap, and i know a lot of people who work for them, they are a good company, and they are struggling to provide some good friends of mine with paychecks...

pandafresh
takin' a dinner break

Post by pandafresh » Thu May 08, 2003 11:31 am

i use pluggo with digital performer. pluggo is good for creating, or destroying sounds. the lastest version is nice because it comes with a bunch of virtual instruments. analog drum machine simulators, and synths.. its not really a usefull recording and mixing package. but fun. also. its a VST shell. so you can run other vst, and i think, vsti through it. [so us DP people can use VST, i dont know about Protools]. i really like them. but musicly, they are mostly usefull for experiemental based stuff. you can also edit, or create your own pluggo plug-in's with MAX/MSP if you get into it. alot of people make them, and normaly give them away. so there are more plug-ins out there, then just what comes stock.

well. here, this song is pretty heavy with the pluggo..
http://www.space-computer.com/mp3/pandatone/sofa.mp3
a little more then half the sounds in this song came from an acoustic guitar.

-trevor

charmingtedious
alignin' 24-trk

Post by charmingtedious » Thu May 15, 2003 5:38 pm

i have the older version of pluggo (without the softsynths) and i absolutely love it. i don't just use it for "experimental stuff" but for more subtle kinds of textures, phasing and stuff. definitely worth the purchase.