HR824s arrived

general questions, comments and ideas about recording, audio, music, etc.
Zeppelin4Life
re-cappin' neve

HR824s arrived

Post by Zeppelin4Life » Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:11 pm

They arrived today in good condition. I placed them in my room and I had my blankets and bass trapping etc up. Sounded very powerful and kick-ass. I was working on some mixes I recorded before on them. The bass is incredible and the drums in general sound so natural. Obviously I have a lot to learn with these monitors but my first impression is 'wow'. I had heard them in the store, but the more I listen now the more I like them. ill keep u posted

Dave
?I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.?
David L
KC2UUM
RadioReference.com Admin, Albany NY

joel hamilton
zen recordist

Re: HR824s arrived

Post by joel hamilton » Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:34 pm

Right on, man. Listen to lots of stuff through them. Congrats on getting some monitors. The first step is having a point of reference to base your decisions on. You may hear something you dont like about your present setup.... OOOhhhhhh... thats how it all begins. Here I am 20 years later, with all kinds of stuff, and even more that has passed through my life. You hang on to the stuff that works....

Enjoy.

Kilroy
buyin' gear

Post by Kilroy » Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:57 pm

congrats bro, those are some cool monitors, they got a set of those where I intern at. They are pretty nice, wish i could get some nice monitors but i dont have a steady paying...

-Chris

JohnDavisNYC
ghost haunting audio students

Post by JohnDavisNYC » Wed Jun 30, 2004 10:40 pm

awesome dude. hope you enjoy them.

john
i like to make music with music and stuff and things.

http://www.thebunkerstudio.com/

thewelfareline
takin' a dinner break

Post by thewelfareline » Wed Jun 30, 2004 11:48 pm

i love these monitors and the are a nice break from my ns 10s. they make me want to set my old pair of event 2020s on fire
remember when it was dangerous?

check out pics of the new welfareline studios
www.myspace.com/thewelfarelinestudio

drumsound
zen recordist

Post by drumsound » Thu Jul 01, 2004 12:01 am

thewelfareline wrote:i love these monitors and the are a nice break from my ns 10s. they make me want to set my old pair of event 2020s on fire
Don't do that. Use them for reverb sends.

Rigsby
mixes from purgatory

Post by Rigsby » Thu Jul 01, 2004 12:45 am

drumsound wrote:
thewelfareline wrote:i love these monitors and the are a nice break from my ns 10s. they make me want to set my old pair of event 2020s on fire
Good call. Have a ball Zeppelin.
The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

rigsbysmith.com

Mark Alan Miller
dead but not forgotten

Post by Mark Alan Miller » Thu Jul 01, 2004 5:53 am

drumsound wrote:
Yes - make a live reverb chamber with them.

Zepplin, congrats! Now - go listen to every favorite album of yours over and over. Listen to all your recodings over and over. Learn 'em and you'll be soooo happy. I promise.
he took a duck in the face at two and hundred fifty knots.

http://www.radio-valkyrie.com/ao/aoindex.htm - download the new record (free is an option!) or get it on CD.

coniferouspine
re-cappin' neve

Post by coniferouspine » Thu Jul 01, 2004 6:42 am

"Too bad!" :roll:

Face it PlatinumAero, you and anything you do will suck until you have "21 years of radio and music experience"...Then you be able to make surly comments at anybody trying to get started in "the biz," and you can point to your Toad The Wet Sprocket gold LP on the wall.

J/K Good for you, rock on and be nice to your parents!
"Every song needs a cranked marshall for mojo, even if decorum requires muting the track."

tiger vomitt
dead but not forgotten

Post by tiger vomitt » Thu Jul 01, 2004 9:53 am

make sure you fiddle with the switches. they can make a pretty big difference. especially the HF switch.

Zeppelin4Life
re-cappin' neve

Post by Zeppelin4Life » Fri Jul 02, 2004 8:22 am

Yeah last night I was going through some of my old recording. Wow! The ones that sounded harsh sound super harsh and the ones that sounded good sound really good. you can hear every single nuance of the music, its the best. I put in some commerical CDs to, I put in some rock music (Led Zeppelin live- how the west was won) and you can hear everything in like 3D. You can make out each crowd member yelling something. The detail in incredible. I also listened to some classical on these just for the dynamic range test, sounded great. Im really happy w/ my purchase. Im going to be doing a lot with them in the next few weeks so ill get some Mp3s of my band when I do our demo. Should be fun :D

Dave
?I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.?
David L
KC2UUM
RadioReference.com Admin, Albany NY