Ashlee Simpson WTF

general questions, comments and ideas about recording, audio, music, etc.
llmonty
re-cappin' neve

Re: Ashlee Simpson WTF

Post by llmonty » Thu Jul 22, 2004 7:56 am

oh and just jogged from the deepest recesses of my brain - the episode where they are adding STRINGS to her song and it is sounding pretty cool and all she is talking about is her hair and nails and laughing and the producer comes over and says ' don't you want to enjoy this, you know how EXPENSIVE this is' PUUUUUUUUKE

rich girl daycare
richmond is a really cool town - supafuzz

kcrusher
tinnitus

Post by kcrusher » Thu Jul 22, 2004 8:09 am

Dingo wrote:Take a hint from the submit button.
now THAT was a milk squirting out of my nose kinda line! actually, in this case, it was coffee, but who's counting!
America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable.
- Hunter S. Thompson

kcrusher
tinnitus

Post by kcrusher » Thu Jul 22, 2004 8:10 am

llmonty wrote:oh and just jogged from the deepest recesses of my brain - the episode where they are adding STRINGS to her song and it is sounding pretty cool and all she is talking about is her hair and nails and laughing and the producer comes over and says ' don't you want to enjoy this, you know how EXPENSIVE this is' PUUUUUUUUKE

rich girl daycare
Yet you all continue to watch it...which is exactly what they want.
America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable.
- Hunter S. Thompson

XXGABEXX
tinnitus

Post by XXGABEXX » Thu Jul 22, 2004 8:14 am

pk wrote:Shit like this makes me want to move to Iceland. Eat fish, go to hot springs, have coffee, people watch, then go to my shack and just write music. Love america, sick of the glorified pop culture. Fuck it, I will move to Iceland, I'll tell everyone Ashlee, her sister, Britney and all those yankee beeyatches made me do it, and I'll be happy.
Dood, let's do it. I got some sweet effects pedals and boxes. We can make some spacey synthy poppy stuff with no lyrics. Hell, we won't even give our songs names. People will love us.

Danny, you never told me about the 'N Sync song story. That's funny.
-GABE

takeout
steve albini likes it

Post by takeout » Thu Jul 22, 2004 9:17 am

firgela wrote:My claim to fame is that I once accidentally erased an N'Sync song. Do I win some award?
C'mon... "accidentally"?

pvassil3
pluggin' in mics

Post by pvassil3 » Thu Jul 22, 2004 9:42 am

me being 18 and all........... i want to bang her. i will not lie but i watch her show if its on and theres nothing else to watch. i like the inside look of the studios that i would not see other wise. i thought it was funny they brought in a large group of people to add strings to her music and she was just sitting there chatting and her producer walks up and spins her chair to face them and says something like " watch, this is a huge investment for you"......haha makes you think when all she does is ramble on about how she wants her music to sound then doesnt pay attention to anything.
Stop, collaborate and listen.

pvassil3
pluggin' in mics

Post by pvassil3 » Thu Jul 22, 2004 9:43 am

shit, llmonty beat me to the strings thing.
Stop, collaborate and listen.

lutopia
pushin' record

Post by lutopia » Thu Jul 22, 2004 10:06 am

pk wrote:Shit like this makes me want to move to Iceland. Eat fish, go to hot springs, have coffee, people watch, then go to my shack and just write music. Love america, sick of the glorified pop culture. Fuck it, I will move to Iceland, I'll tell everyone Ashlee, her sister, Britney and all those yankee beeyatches made me do it, and I'll be happy.
too cold for me. all that ice and stuff.
lfg

lutopia
pushin' record

Post by lutopia » Thu Jul 22, 2004 10:10 am

b3groover wrote:Maybe learning some music theory or how to play an instrument so she can actually write her own songs. Not just write a couple dippy lyric lines and then have three or four other people write the actual song. That's what she should be doing if she had any respect for the term "musician" or "singer" or "artist".
So, do entertainers have to write their own songs to deserve respect? I know this is the Ashlee Judd thread or whatever, but does anyone agree that their is a difference between entertainers and artists and that an entertainer can be talented and remarkable even though they may not write their own material? Just wondering. Not a jab at b3, the post just sparked a thought.
lfg

wayne kerr
ears didn't survive the freeze

Post by wayne kerr » Thu Jul 22, 2004 10:11 am

I went to her website - what no bio??? :lol:

S/H
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
-Hunter S. Thompson

leigh
carpal tunnel

Post by leigh » Thu Jul 22, 2004 10:13 am

Rick Hunter wrote:The best part from the Ashlee Simpson Show is when she is running late and her to first "soundcheck" and she was nervous cause she's never had a "soundcheck"...or a show.
Yeah, I did a double take on that one.

And earlier, when she and her musical "advisor" are auditioning the "band": They looked terrible, made Bitch Slap look like a thinktank.

Leigh

llmonty
re-cappin' neve

Post by llmonty » Thu Jul 22, 2004 10:15 am

bombastique wrote:
llmonty wrote:oh and just jogged from the deepest recesses of my brain - the episode where they are adding STRINGS to her song and it is sounding pretty cool and all she is talking about is her hair and nails and laughing and the producer comes over and says ' don't you want to enjoy this, you know how EXPENSIVE this is' PUUUUUUUUKE

rich girl daycare
Yet you all continue to watch it...which is exactly what they want.

It is really like a car accident - at first when i saw the ads, the studios were prominently featured, so i tuned in. after 2 episodes i hate this girl, but an curious to see all the new stupid shit she will say. i think now i have had my fill. I didn't watch it last night - COLD TURKEY BABY!

I always hated Jessica Simpson - but I think ashlee is worse because she pretends to be punk rock, just decides she wants to make an album, and just decides to become an artist. At least with JS what you see is what you get. My god, Ashlee what have you done to me, you make me praise your sister. death, death, death
richmond is a really cool town - supafuzz

Lavahead
pushin' record

Post by Lavahead » Thu Jul 22, 2004 10:22 am

Are you people trying to tell me that a sister of Jessica Simpson has a T.V. show...and that you guys are watching it?

I don't care if you saw it for 5 mins with your girlfriend...

I'm shaking my head in disgust...

Bunch of suckers.
steely dan sucks, and so do mesh hats

Scodiddly
speech impediment

Post by Scodiddly » Thu Jul 22, 2004 10:23 am

Hey, there's always a market for celebrity train wrecks. I wonder how the Anna Nicole Smith show is doing in the ratings...

Anyway, the only thing that keeps me alive at this point is the hope that there's a really big punk movement waiting in the wings. I was talking about it even a few years ago, but now the big music biz is just rubbing our noses in their filth. This, of course, is where my conspiracy nut side jumps up and suggests that the big biz already has their "underground punk movement" talent lined up and locked down...

andrew embassy
george martin

Post by andrew embassy » Thu Jul 22, 2004 10:31 am

firgela wrote:My claim to fame is that I once accidentally erased an N'Sync song. Do I win some award?
Yes! I'd knight you for that. Hell, I'd mount you for that.
HEY! Who forgot they bag?