Holy Crap! Mixing in a big expensive studio

general questions, comments and ideas about recording, audio, music, etc.
Dingo
pushin' record

Re: Holy Crap! Mixing in a big expensive studio

Post by Dingo » Tue Aug 17, 2004 3:45 pm

(or maybe you've been sleeping your way to the top?!? - JK)
Hey he's doing better than me, I've been sleeping my way to the middle.

trodden
on a wing and a prayer

Post by trodden » Tue Aug 17, 2004 4:03 pm

Dingo wrote:
(or maybe you've been sleeping your way to the top?!? - JK)
Hey he's doing better than me, I've been sleeping my way to the middle.
better than me i've only been able to sleep my way to a passing french grade and to the project studio in the rehearsal space as of lates and sometimes a bite to eat.

wayne kerr
ears didn't survive the freeze

Post by wayne kerr » Tue Aug 17, 2004 4:06 pm

trodden wrote:better than me i've only been able to sleep my way to a passing french grade
Oh do tell! Man that sounds like a Jarmusch subplot to me. Did she have hairy pits?? :twisted:

SISSY M HNAKSHAW
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
-Hunter S. Thompson

trodden
on a wing and a prayer

Post by trodden » Tue Aug 17, 2004 4:14 pm

Unfortunately she wasnt's teaching french IV, so i had to change my major from a BA to a BS and take geology...

No hairy armpits though she was very fashionable. She wasn't french either, just taught the class and knew ton of other languages..

matt
pluggin' in mics

Post by matt » Tue Aug 17, 2004 6:25 pm

Wow! This thread sure has come unraveled!

Poof!...

Scodiddly
speech impediment

Post by Scodiddly » Tue Aug 17, 2004 6:44 pm

sissy_hankshaw wrote: Your entire premise is flawed. You are welcome to question the content of my post, but you have no right whatsoever to judge my intelligence, nor is such appraisal in any way relevant to the legitimacy of your argument. In other words, why don't you go pound some broken glass into your asshole.
So are you here to talk about audio, or to blather on about anything but?

wayne kerr

Post by wayne kerr » Tue Aug 17, 2004 8:13 pm

scodiddly wrote:So are you here to talk about audio, or to blather on about anything but?
I believe it was you who called me a twit, sir. So I shall allow you the honor of answering that question.

Respectfully,

SISSY M HANKSHAW
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
-Hunter S. Thompson

Spiderhead69
steve albini likes it
Location: The Ice cream truck in my neighborhood plays Helter-Skelter

Post by Spiderhead69 » Tue Aug 17, 2004 10:31 pm

I think you ought to sit down at the console and then yell in a real loud voice.." Wow, what do all these buttons do?"....

That should crack up everyone....

Nah, good luck, I think once you spend a few minutes familiarizing the layout you should do fine....

xpulsar
pushin' record

Post by xpulsar » Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:44 pm

I just recently took the assistant position at a 88 input 8k ssl room here in D-town.
I and my pal Chemicalpink was originally brought in to wire the room then I get the job after getting the wiring done.My first week was nerveracking ,but if you step in there with an open mind to what the assistant might suggest it will run a lot smoother .
There is nothing I hate worse is a client who might not be ready to run that kind of room and won't admit it to him or herself that is the case.Thtat does not permit a possitive working emviroment.I, like jeff and any other engineer that has ran a ssl room can attest to this.
Be communicative and polite to the assistant and shit will go well and you won't waste some bands money.
As far as not being used to the monitors there at that room.Take your own monitors in, if that permits. Also take in a boom box that you are used to to refernce the mixes on. Relax and let people who are used to the room help you.

-Collin

Scodiddly
speech impediment

Post by Scodiddly » Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:14 am

sissy_hankshaw wrote:
scodiddly wrote:So are you here to talk about audio, or to blather on about anything but?
I believe it was you who called me a twit, sir. So I shall allow you the honor of answering that question.

Respectfully,

SISSY M HANKSHAW
Ah, a classic variation on "I know you are, but what am I?". Please, I've been on the Internet since 1987 or so, so if you want to argue with me you'll have to do a lot better than that.

wayne kerr

Post by wayne kerr » Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:42 am

scodiddly wrote:Ah, a classic variation on "I know you are, but what am I?". Please, I've been on the Internet since 1987 or so, so if you want to argue with me you'll have to do a lot better than that.
I don't care if you invented the goddamn internet! Of course, that would make you Al Gore. Nice talking with you Mr. President. No seriously, when did I ever insult you? If you've got a beef with me, fine, but stick to the facts, OK? Whether I am a twit or not and your thoughts on my intelligence have nothing to do with the subject matter at hand. So, if you'd care to discuss, I'm all ears. But if you're gonna call me a twit again or take issue with my intelligence, I'll kindly suggest that you eat a big bowl of dicks. And if you ARE gonna crack back at someone - for fuck's sake man, BRING IT! TWIT? That's the best you can do????

Respectfully,

SISSY M HANKSHAW
-Hunter S. Thompson

antilog
george martin

Post by antilog » Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:59 am

:zzz:
"Artists to my mind are the real architects of change, and not the political legislators who implement change after the fact." William S Burroughs

VeronicaSawyer
gettin' sounds

Post by VeronicaSawyer » Wed Aug 18, 2004 4:26 am

sissy_hankshaw wrote: And if you ARE gonna crack back at someone - for fuck's sake man, BRING IT! TWIT? That's the best you can do????
:lol:
Mystery train
3-way plane
Expressway...
To Penkhull

Scodiddly
speech impediment

Post by Scodiddly » Wed Aug 18, 2004 4:51 am

sissy_hankshaw wrote:But if you're gonna call me a twit again or take issue with my intelligence, I'll kindly suggest that you eat a big bowl of dicks. And if you ARE gonna crack back at someone - for fuck's sake man, BRING IT! TWIT? That's the best you can do????
"Eat a big bowl of dicks"?

Geez, how old are you, 14 or 15? Well, hopefully we'll be rid of you when school starts back up.

phalex
tinnitus

Post by phalex » Wed Aug 18, 2004 4:52 am

Scodiddly wrote:
sissy_hankshaw wrote:But if you're gonna call me a twit again or take issue with my intelligence, I'll kindly suggest that you eat a big bowl of dicks. And if you ARE gonna crack back at someone - for fuck's sake man, BRING IT! TWIT? That's the best you can do????
"Eat a big bowl of dicks"?

Geez, how old are you, 14 or 15? Well, hopefully we'll be rid of you when school starts back up.
"Eat a big bowl of dicks" is pretty good.
Werd.