why are transformers so important?

general questions, comments and ideas about recording, audio, music, etc.
dubphaser
pushin' record

Re: why are transformers so important?

Post by dubphaser » Fri May 09, 2003 9:51 pm

Soundwave!!!

AstroDan
george martin

Post by AstroDan » Fri May 09, 2003 10:00 pm

NewYorkDave wrote:The real question is, were the Transformers knockoffs of the Go-Bots, or the other way around?

I think Go-Bots were like the poor man's Transformer. That's why I had a ton of them. I did have the Transformer that turned from gun to robot.

Robots in Disguise!

tiger vomitt
dead but not forgotten

Post by tiger vomitt » Fri May 09, 2003 11:14 pm

oh shit, soundwave!! i had that one.. he was awesome

the lady from purchase that wrote the transformers there (i dont think she did the sound design tho, i asked her once) also wrote the 80's GI Joe theme. odd that they should come up in the same conversation.

SKY_AT_NO_NOON, how do you know of this, this ... PURCHASE place. you wouldnt be a present of former student would you?

back to vice city,

e doggg

markpar
george martin

Post by markpar » Fri May 09, 2003 11:28 pm

dubphaser wrote:Soundwave!!!

Oh yeah! He was one of my favorites. You'd think that, after a while, all the autobots would have recognized him sitting around recording their conversations.... but they never did.

My boss has a Soundwave in his office, but it doesn't have the tape.

-mark

I'm Painting Again
zen recordist

Post by I'm Painting Again » Sat May 10, 2003 12:05 am

HEy TIGER VOMIT

I grew up in the area and have known many former students and know some current ones as well. I did take a couple of summer classes one being astonomy and the other being studio recording with this fine young man named Justin a former student who was the one who told me about the transformers lady. I guess i'm not remembering the facts perfectly but it was something i thought neat enough to bring up. I got an A+ by the way.

purchase's campus is quite ugly..no windows and it has tunnels under to fit tanks both to twart possible riots..back in the 60's..for all of you wondering..

library slide

heylow
george martin

Post by heylow » Sat May 10, 2003 8:11 pm

This is perhaps the best thread ever and I applaud Blue for the gentle steer in the right direction.

Not that audio transformers arent cool...but I mean, whats cooler than TRANSFORMERS?!?! I had like all of em back in the day....you know...the original...not the second or third gen stuff.

I still remember getting SOundwave and Shockwave one Christmas and i was at the age where you bring stuff around to everyones house cuz you think its so cool that everyone else will think you are cool for having it. Of course no one ever really does....f*#K em.

Tranformers!

heylow

thunderboy
buyin' a studio

Post by thunderboy » Sat May 10, 2003 10:01 pm

Micronauts, dawg!
Acroyear will kick all yer trannie asses!
Microtron was cool - you could change him around into all sorts of wacky configurations. And Biotron - remember when toys were big and cool and had lots of parts to choke on?
sigh...

jt
"most toreadors worth a damn are circumcized."
- Discs of Tron

markpar
george martin

Post by markpar » Sat May 10, 2003 10:13 pm

Hell yeah!

Micronauts all the way!

-mark

tiger vomitt
dead but not forgotten

Post by tiger vomitt » Sun May 11, 2003 11:51 am

I grew up in the area and have known many former students and know some current ones as well. I did take a couple of summer classes one being astonomy and the other being studio recording with this fine young man named Justin a former student who was the one who told me about the transformers lady. I guess i'm not remembering the facts perfectly but it was something i thought neat enough to bring up. I got an A+ by the way.
frikkin weird. justin is my old roomate. we did all this music stuff together. when we were both students there we had a daily old school metal jam in my practice room up on the 3rd floor of the music building. ahh those were the days.

anyway, transformers yeah....sorry to hijack

see ya!

evan

I'm Painting Again
zen recordist

Post by I'm Painting Again » Sun May 11, 2003 12:53 pm

Its a small world..

Justin was friends with my friend dave and recorded his band multiball from what I remember.. J was living in queens at the time..this was summer 99 i think..