NS-10 tweeter replacement

general questions, comments and ideas about recording, audio, music, etc.
MusicMan
gettin' sounds

NS-10 tweeter replacement

Post by MusicMan » Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:10 am

I just blew a tweeter on one of my NS-10's and I wanted to know where I could get a replacement one.?

Any suggestions?

Also does anyone know how to put a fuse on them to stop this from happening? I have heard you can do this but I am not sure exactly how and what you need. Any info on doing this would be a huge help.

THanks , Mark.

chetatkinsdiet
buyin' a studio

Re: NS-10 tweeter replacement

Post by chetatkinsdiet » Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:29 am

Doesn't Yamaha still stock these? I got one about 2 years ago. If not, try Full Compass or B&H or other similar shop.
later,
m
The only true great mic on this planet is the Shure SM-57. It is the most consistant in not totally sucking of anything ever built. All other mics are "application dependant".

-- Fletcher

junkstar
re-cappin' neve

Post by junkstar » Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:29 am

NS-10 tweeters are something you can still find without a ton of headache. It's the woofers that are a royal pain to replace. The material used in the woofer cones (rainforest wood of some sort) became so hard to purchase, Yamaha discontinued it's most popular studio product. That's the story I heard...

bmack
audio school graduate

Post by bmack » Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:43 am

They are still available from Yamaha, at least they were a couple months ago. I think they are $49.00 each. I have a link saved on my other computer but cant get to it now. I tried searching their site a little but souldnt find the part. If you have some time to search there you may have better luck. If nobody finds it by the time I get home I will post it then.

maz
buyin' a studio

Post by maz » Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:55 am

they are all over ebay. At least usually they are.