You know who has a great foot?

general questions, comments and ideas about recording, audio, music, etc.
E-money
pushin' record

Re: You know who has a great foot?

Post by E-money » Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:40 am

Check out the 2 place kickers playing in Sunday's big game if you want to see 2 guys with great feet.
Akers and Vinitieri, 2 of the best.

JASIII
george martin

Post by JASIII » Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:53 am

Billy Martin is phenomenal!!! I've seen him many times live, very inspiring. I read somewhere that he HATES rim mounts on drums, he believes that if the whole set doesn't shake and vibrate together as one instrument, it ain't shit (my paraphrasing, not his).
"If you will starve unless you become a rock star, then you have bigger problems than whether or not you are a rock star. " - Steve Albini

Zeppelin4Life
re-cappin' neve

Post by Zeppelin4Life » Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:50 pm

bonham was pretty damn strong in his feet. I read a story of him getting into a fight with a security guard over some autograph for some kid..or something, and Bonham knocked him over and out in 1 kick. rofl. I could imagine that. Bonham broke thru iron cobras.

Buddy Rich too. hes known for his fast singles but hes footwork is awesome too. I have a solo with him on a double bass set and hes a friggen race horse.
?I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.?
David L
KC2UUM
RadioReference.com Admin, Albany NY

fremitus
pushin' record

Post by fremitus » Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:59 pm

dan weiss
new york jazz drummer, plays with dave binney at the 55 bar every thursday. slamming. truly...

Paul Fury 161
gettin' sounds

Post by Paul Fury 161 » Thu Feb 03, 2005 3:42 pm

Hi all,

Zeppelin4life, wasn't sure if you wre ejust making a figure of speech or not BUT but Iron Cobra was 25 years after Bonham,TAMA didn't make drums at all til 75 or so (properly anyway). He played Ludwig Speed Kings.Also, there's this book about Bonham we have at the music store where I work(where his tech says he rarely broke sticks and never broke heads,almost never cracked cymbals,same with hardware (even though the Ludwig Speed King is super flimsy).i meet loads of drummers who think that if they play so hard they break all their gear, they must be like Bonham.NOT true.

Take it easy yallz,

Paul Fury 161
"These mixes are really great. I only want to re-record all the guitars and vocals - can I have the masters please?"

www.myspace.com/extinguishher

Zeppelin4Life
re-cappin' neve

Post by Zeppelin4Life » Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:11 pm

yeah I wasnt being literal. im sure its pretty friggen hard to break through a pedal..although, ive seen it happen
?I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.?
David L
KC2UUM
RadioReference.com Admin, Albany NY

soundguy
ghost haunting audio students

Post by soundguy » Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:25 pm

bonham wasnt really a very hard hitter at all, he had incredible snap which I lot of people confuse as total power. I think the guys confidence and execution is mistaken for brute force quite a bit, thats at least what I hear while I listen. Tommy Lee is a hard hitter, you'll also notice the total lack of dynamics in his playing as its all about beating a drum kit, which totally has its place of course.

Anyone else break DW kick pedals all the time? I dont know the model number, 1000 or 5000, which ever it is, Ive gone through a few in my studio and on the road those things were constantly getting replaced, the bottom plate would always break.

dave
http://www.glideonfade.com
one hundred percent discrete transistor recording with style and care.

xiandishinger
alignin' 24-trk

Post by xiandishinger » Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:18 pm

dave witte - discordance axis "Inalienable Dreamless" has to be the fastest single pedal shit ever!!!!
pete sandoval-morbid angel. if u know, then u already know.
jon longstreth- ex origin drummer. overall one of the fastest drummers i've ever seen.

im glad someone else said mick harris!!!