Seeking someone to translate OMF to Protools 6

general questions, comments and ideas about recording, audio, music, etc.
djdansk
audio school

Seeking someone to translate OMF to Protools 6

Post by djdansk » Wed May 07, 2003 2:32 pm

Hey,

I'm looking for someone in the L.A. area who can translate my OMF file (exported from Final Cut Pro 3) for import into Protools 6.

From what I've read/heard, the free OMF Tool will not work. This task requires the Digidesign DigiTranslator. Please respond if you know otherwise or if you can help me with this project.

The Final Cut project exported to OMF is just over 90 minutes long. I've got an 80GB external firewire drive on which to save the exported Protools session.

Other questions?

Thanks,
Matt

ericblam
pluggin' in mics

Re: Seeking someone to translate OMF to Protools 6

Post by ericblam » Wed May 07, 2003 11:03 pm

Yeah, What's the deal with ProTools and OMF. Why do they have to make it so god damn hard. We recently sent an OMF file created in Nuendo to a ProTools studio and of course they couldn't open it. We ended up doing a ton of exporting to make it work. So tell me DIGIDESIGN, where's the love....eh?

eric@blam

@?,*???&?
on a wing and a prayer

Re: Seeking someone to translate OMF to Protools 6

Post by @?,*???&? » Fri May 09, 2003 7:38 pm

Check with one of the larger Post Production facilities in Los Angeles. I understand the Fairlight systems don't have issues with this which is why many Post houses are heading toward that gear. Some will probably have the proper Pro Tools setup for translation. Better yet, visit the Digidesign office on Ventura Blvd. and ask them. Last resort, go to West LA Music on Cahuenga on Tuesday when their Pro Tools tech is in.