Soundscape press release..look out!!

general questions, comments and ideas about recording, audio, music, etc.
Randall
pushin' record

Soundscape press release..look out!!

Post by Randall » Sat Mar 06, 2004 5:22 pm

anybody seen the press release for the new product releases from Soundscape? ... http://www.sydec.be/News/Press/?ID=e7e3 ... 8a60e314b2
Pay particular attention to the Mixpander Power Pak!!!! this is going to shake shit up!! 0 latency..real time FX monitoring..9 DSP chips..128 channel Proprietary mixer...3rd part plugin developers, TC, Cedar, Wave Mechanics, Aphex and others, VST and GS support, all in Windows...HA HA HA!!! Theres a new Sheriff in town boys!!!
Last edited by Randall on Mon Mar 08, 2004 2:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"tune that thing son"

Randall
pushin' record

Re: Soundscape press release..look out!!

Post by Randall » Sun Mar 07, 2004 5:24 am

nobody has anything to say?
"tune that thing son"

JES
tinnitus

Post by JES » Sun Mar 07, 2004 7:39 am

Vaporware?

Randall
pushin' record

Post by Randall » Sun Mar 07, 2004 9:42 am

JES wrote:Vaporware?
meaning??
"tune that thing son"

markpar
george martin

Post by markpar » Sun Mar 07, 2004 12:18 pm

Randall wrote:
JES wrote:Vaporware?
meaning??
Meaning, he thinks it'll never actually ship as a product. I'd personally to see zero latency in the digital world. That's my biggest beef with digital. Latency sux.

-mark

leigh
carpal tunnel

Post by leigh » Sun Mar 07, 2004 2:37 pm

Randall wrote:nobody has anything to say?
Probably most people don't want to deal with a Google translation, which can sometimes sound like utter nonsense with trying to describe something technical:
google translator wrote: Mixpander 5 or 9 the compromiseless DSP extension for it is more mixpander Soundscape system. The DSP resources, extensive mixers with Dynamics, multiple EQ?s and 32 penalties per audio channel does not appear almost unlimiert, 4 times High ends resounds for the Subgruppen, 5 modulation and Delayeffekte and 7 multi-volume Dynamics is a problem (mixp.9).
Personally, my Pro Tools LE doesn't have any penalties per channel, so I'm not really interested.

Leigh

Randall
pushin' record

Post by Randall » Sun Mar 07, 2004 2:51 pm

That translation is wacked, this company has been around for years and has a reputation for making some of the most formidable HDR style complete workstations in the industry...This release sets a whole new standard for Native/Rroprietary windows based recording and mixing capabilities. A whole new era has arrived..Pro tools LE? HA HA HA..thats just software...The crap Degidesign gives you so you can boast you have Pro-tools, when in fact, You dont..not even close..use it with this new card and you will be in a whole different game.
aparently you don't see the implications and the importance and the new standard this creates, more or less this makes every other sound card obsolete as well as the UAD'1 and TC powercore. This is BIG news!! for the first time EVER, Windows users can have a true real time Worstation enjoying 24 bit 192K audio with 0 latency and real time FX monitoring, running as many quality Plug-ins as we desire without any CPU Taxing or plug in delay compensation along side VST plug ins as well as Gigasampler, on any computer powerfull enough to run the software!! you dont need the latest greatest most bad ass computer..only a stable one!! I know these guys design software that WILL NOT CRASH as well, I'm not spamming for them either, I am completely blown away that finally the future has arrived!!

No pro tools mix buss type issues here either..I'm telling ya..this is total kick ass!!
"tune that thing son"

leigh
carpal tunnel

Post by leigh » Sun Mar 07, 2004 6:22 pm

Randall wrote:No pro tools mix buss type issues here either..I'm telling ya..this is total kick ass!!
It might kick ass, it just seems too early to say. No one has reviewed this hardware; no one has said anything about its sound quality. I don't know which PT mix-buss issues you're referring to (I'm aware of a few), but I don't know why you think that the digital summing on this card is any better than the digital summing in PT. There's just no evidence presented that would allow you to form that opinion.

Leigh

Randall
pushin' record

Post by Randall » Sun Mar 07, 2004 7:32 pm

Consider this companys Mixtreme card..it had 1 DSP chip 7 years ago..way ahead of its time, never caught on beyond the Professional level, but they are STILL in use in many Broadcast facilitys and Studios around the world. the comment comes from experience. The beauty of this sytem is that with the right periferals. analog mixing and or summing (dangerous 2 buss etc) will be a breeze..hell, just interface it from the Computer straight to a digital mixer, This is all kind of scarey in a way..it's that good.

For example, Mackie is about to release the new Onyx 800R's 8 Onyx pre's Analog to AES AND analog outs, send the AES feeds to this card, send the Analog feeds to a console, hook up a couple more if you would prefer 16 or 24, up to 48 I/O is possible!!! HEEE-HAAAW brother!!! real time monitoring and mixing outside the box, I dont have to explain what you can do from there, I'm sure you know. Dont like the Mackies? fine, use any pre's combination of pre's or console, IN THE WHOLE WORLD, HA HA HA!!! Awsome, just freaking awsome!!! The possibilites are endless. connect a USB controller and mix outside the box keeping totally in the digital world, Mix with a mouse!! HA HA HA!! enjoy the power 9 DSP chips running at 2.3 GIPS can provide in software plug-ins that sounds as good as it's hardware counterparts because CPU and RAM is not an issue any more
"tune that thing son"

dwelle
buyin' a studio

Post by dwelle » Sun Mar 07, 2004 8:58 pm

wow, i think randall's excited...

twitchmonitor
re-cappin' neve

Post by twitchmonitor » Sun Mar 07, 2004 9:02 pm

leigh wrote:
Randall wrote:nobody has anything to say?
Probably most people don't want to deal with a Google translation, which can sometimes sound like utter nonsense with trying to describe something technical:
google translator wrote: Mixpander 5 or 9 the compromiseless DSP extension for it is more mixpander Soundscape system. The DSP resources, extensive mixers with Dynamics, multiple EQ?s and 32 penalties per audio channel does not appear almost unlimiert, 4 times High ends resounds for the Subgruppen, 5 modulation and Delayeffekte and 7 multi-volume Dynamics is a problem (mixp.9).
Personally, my Pro Tools LE doesn't have any penalties per channel, so I'm not really interested.

Leigh
Yeah, but soundscape had 32 penalties per channel! So, like, that beats your zero penalties. I'd think about jumping ship if I were you, Leigh.

wayne kerr
ears didn't survive the freeze

Post by wayne kerr » Sun Mar 07, 2004 9:15 pm

Will it record rap?

CC
PP
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
-Hunter S. Thompson

Randall
pushin' record

Post by Randall » Sun Mar 07, 2004 9:37 pm

Penalties? WTF is a penaltie? that was dude writing his own translation..notice he said he uses "pro-tools"? here is the translation

soundscape of mixpander power Pak
The ultimative audio map, 9 x high power Motorola DSPs, up to 48 symm. Entrances and exits (or Madi/tdif/aes ebu/mic), DSP and VST Plug in support, 128 channel soundscape real time mixer, without I/O latency, the professional sound map without compromises

this is brand new stuff, should be available in April from what I can glean,
this card is for serious pro users, who cant have latency in their sysyems, overdubs can make or break an artist these days, latency has had to go since forever, well guess what?..it is GONE!!!..I am still not 100% sold myself..but I am excited by the potential and possibilities...I wouldn't talk too much shit now, cause no doubt you will look like a fool later, this is an amazing step into the future of DAW recording and mixing.

If I decide to go with this set up, and it is very likely, I will have the outs from my MS16 running straight into this monster, probably using the Onyx pre's to hit the tape as well, that will send all my analog tracks to my Worstation where I can edit, add effects more tracks etc, and mix with my 8 buss, sending the 8 busses back to my workstation as well, Too cool, over the top cool!!
"tune that thing son"

ctmsound
george martin

Post by ctmsound » Sun Mar 07, 2004 10:51 pm

how much is this shit going to cost?

leigh
carpal tunnel

Post by leigh » Mon Mar 08, 2004 1:22 am

Randall wrote:Penalties? WTF is a penaltie? that was dude writing his own translation..notice he said he uses "pro-tools"? here is the translation...
Bite me, Randall. That was a straight Google translation, don't accuse me of making shit up.

Try it yourself if you don't believe me. Here's the Google translation page:

http://www.google.com/language_tools?hl=en

Now. where it says "Translate a web page," set the transmogrifier to "German to English," and feed it the link to the Mixpander product page:

http://www.soundscape-audio.de/html/mixpander.html

Leigh