Help Getting a Ampex reel to reel rapaired, In Western MASS

general questions, comments and ideas about recording, audio, music, etc.
Gebo
suffering 'studio suck'

Re: Help Getting a Ampex reel to reel rapaired, In Western M

Post by Gebo » Sun May 11, 2003 10:45 am

I heard that the mike watt show was off the chain, I should have gone. I think im gonna try and fix it my self, than if that doesnt go well, and I breat it further, call for renforecements. Microphones at the iron horse may 28th. About the 2track drums. I used to do it all the time on my old roland machine, Because it was 8 tracks, but it was actually 6, two of which were stereo, so I used to put the drums down one stereo track. Not that those recordings so good at all but still... Its worth a shot, if it doesnt work out o well, we're not paying for studio time at least!!!
As it was in the begining, so shall it be in the end...

discs of tron
takin' a dinner break

Post by discs of tron » Sun May 11, 2003 6:39 pm

okay, so this is no longer about the ampex, but i WENT to hampshire. small world. i think, allcalm, that the line of work we're in is the best if you're into this hobby/obsession/whatever. when i started at the school where i work, i found a shure ribbon mic languishing in a closet. score. anyhow, w-mass represent. i think we prolly have the panache and indie cred to kick the portlanders and chicagoans' collective ass.

Gebo
suffering 'studio suck'

Post by Gebo » Sun May 11, 2003 8:01 pm

I found a webcor r2r in the trash infront of a staples at work once... No ill ribbon mics though, and the webcor didnt work. It was really dirty and I didnt like touching it...
As it was in the begining, so shall it be in the end...

Dingo
pushin' record

Post by Dingo » Mon May 12, 2003 5:04 am

would any of you western mass tapeopers be interested in getting together to evaluate each others recordings? I know I would find it incredibly valuable. Anyone?

deadair
steve albini likes it

Post by deadair » Mon May 12, 2003 7:20 am

maybe. you could post mp3s, what's you recording set-up like? what do you mainly record?