SOUNDCRAFT 6000 WIRING

general questions, comments and ideas about recording, audio, music, etc.
borntoplease
audio school

SOUNDCRAFT 6000 WIRING

Post by borntoplease » Wed Oct 27, 2004 12:34 am

hey guys... i have a question about the soundcraft 6000. let me preface by saying that i am new to audio, taking my first year of classes and loving it. this is my question. i am looking to start buying some equipment. there is a soundcraft 6000 available to me for a good price. i have been reading about the boards and dont have any questions about the quality, i know its remarkable. i have been reading about elco connectors and doing a lot of manual wiring and what not. is this something that i am going to have to do? what exactly is an elco connector. i know it is a 56 pin connector, but i dont know how it works, and its purpose. if i get this board, will i be completely over my head? i know i know NOTHING, but i am hoping this will be a good board to mess around with and learn on, and hopefully one day start a home studio with. could someone explain in simple terms the wiring that will be required to get this up and running. i think i am going to be recording to something like an HD24. not sure. if anyone has anything that could help me out that would be great. i am just afraid that if i get this board i will be in so far over my head that i will not be able to enjoy it. thanks a lot guys
benjamin

borntoplease
audio school

Re: SOUNDCRAFT 6000 WIRING

Post by borntoplease » Wed Oct 27, 2004 12:36 am

and one more thing... after i get the board, does anyone have any idea the cost for all the wiring and cables and what not...