fatman

general questions, comments and ideas about recording, audio, music, etc.
sixteenthletter
audio school graduate

fatman

Post by sixteenthletter » Mon May 12, 2003 11:51 pm

Does anyone have an opinion of the HHB Radius 3 Fatman? Or any of the earlier models (TLA Fatman 1,2). I have a couple of RNC's that i'm happy with but i'm looking for a tube compressor sound that really squeezes and warms things up on occasion. Would this thing be a good addition for the price? I'll probably upgrade to a Drawmer or something in the future but for now i want something affordable to fill the gap. thanks!

jp
ass engineer

Re: fatman

Post by jp » Tue May 13, 2003 7:13 am

yea, ive got the fat2. its a great bass di and ive gotten some pretty cool kick drum sounds as well. its fun to play around in a mix situation too. ive run vox and gits thru it as well. definitly a cool box for the $. the presets are very extreme. i usually bypass those and set it manually these days. you could spend a lot more on something nicer but i think you would be happy with it for a while.

Jay
pushin' record

Re: fatman

Post by Jay » Tue May 13, 2003 8:05 am

Hey I don't know if I should post this here or in the for sale forum (apologies in advance!), but I'm actually selling my Fatman if you want to email me. It's a fun compressor and good DI- I just need to pay for mastering my album. I have an RNC as well and I've found that the HHB's fuzz and the RNC's precision are very complimentary. I've never touched the presets.