Joel Hamilton, Two questions.

general questions, comments and ideas about recording, audio, music, etc.
E-cue
suffering 'studio suck'

Re: Joel Hamilton, Two questions.

Post by E-cue » Thu May 27, 2004 2:54 am

This month's EQ zine reviews it (pretty ambiguously), and gives some more info on the unit. I think Dave Martin did a review for it too somewhere. I seem to get more out of his reviews.

I've been looking at EQ as basically a 120page advertisement, but this month actually has some pretty cool stuff in it (414XL, EH NY-2A, Decent story on the making of the Velvet Revolver record, and a article from Nathan Winer were he doesn't talk about basstraps, etc).

joel hamilton
zen recordist

Post by joel hamilton » Thu May 27, 2004 7:23 am

R Ranch:

Dont know. There are a few of them floating around, and that is how I have seen it.

Doug has one already. We will see. They are in production, but dont know how to market it. People buying a big muff arent the same people looking for a 2-3k tube compressor.

Call them if you like.

chris harris
speech impediment

Post by chris harris » Thu May 27, 2004 7:27 am

Joel Hamilton wrote:R Ranch:

Dont know. There are a few of them floating around, and that is how I have seen it.

Doug has one already. We will see. They are in production, but dont know how to market it. People buying a big muff arent the same people looking for a 2-3k tube compressor.

Call them if you like.
Maybe they should just market it to us big muff shoppers and charge $79.99 for it! ;)

black ark
takin' a dinner break

Post by black ark » Thu May 27, 2004 2:27 pm

if you find anything out about it tell me. mine came with a little case, but no item number at all!
right! nothing stamped on the mic or anything... from a short google search i found out that this company made a lot of mics that came with old reel to reel machines..

eeldip-

how did you wire the connectors? got a red and blue and a ground.. might as well wire it up and check it out...

-paul m.
"the future's gonna be...
maintenance free."