looking to work in Austin.

Regional activities, relevant news, job openings, studio searches, local beer nights (not a forum to plug the new album you just worked on)

Moderator: drumsound

andrewstadium
takin' a dinner break

looking to work in Austin.

Post by andrewstadium » Mon May 15, 2006 6:58 pm

Hello TapeOp friends.
I am going to be subletting in Austin this summer and very likely moving there for good come fall. I have a hundred questions about the music, people, living and fun things to do. Maybe I will pop back with more questions. But besides all that stuff I need to find a job.
I am currently looking for work in the AV Systems Integration realm since this is what I do. But I am also qualified in Sound Engineering (duh) Studio maintenence and installation, tradeshow AV, Home Theater, College AV, Live Sound and everything in between. It would especially great to work along musicians and TapeOp people as I often have little in common with my co-workers.
If anyone has any constructive tips or leads it would be greatly appreciated.
I do have a resume if you are interested! Thanks. -Andrew

snuffinthepunk
pushin' record

Post by snuffinthepunk » Thu May 18, 2006 8:10 am

i've never been to austin but everyone I know that has been or has lived there absolutely loves it, so I'm sure you will too especially if you're into music. my buddy is working on his business plan right now, he's opening a studio out there so you might want to get in touch with him. http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... 886e71931c that is his myspace page, hit him up.
"no dream is worth being underachieved"
I love signal flow.

Imagine the possibilities!

www.primalgear.com