Studio Space available on Staten Island

Regional activities, relevant news, job openings, studio searches, local beer nights (not a forum to plug the new album you just worked on)

Moderator: drumsound

SirDonut
gettin' sounds

Studio Space available on Staten Island

Post by SirDonut » Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:14 am

Hi,

I recently went and looked at a space available on staten island. The price isn't horrible (1250 a month) and the guy is totally willing to let a recording studio be there. You're isolated from the neighbors (rock out!) and can be as loud as you want. There's a lot of space for nyc standards(2 'bedrooms' about 15 x 15 sq ft and a large common area about 30 x 20ft) and the guy is totally willing to let you do what you need to make it into a studio. It has central air (!!!) and heat and tons of electrical hook ups (I think there were 8 -- 15 amp circuits installed)

he said you can live and work there which is a HUGE bonus. There is a Kitchen and bathroom there as well. Lots of sunlight.

The neighborhood seems a little dodgy (two thug kids smoking a joint at 9am in their front yard as I walked to the bus..) and there are housing projects around that area...but heck, you get what you pay for...

For my situation....It's just not THAT much better than what I got now so I can't take it, but I thought I should mention it to fellow tapeoppers.

http://newyork.craigslist.org/stn/off/392910132.html

good luck! (and tell them andrew sent you) :D