Need Philly studio to record 7 piece band (hopefully live)

Regional activities, relevant news, job openings, studio searches, local beer nights (not a forum to plug the new album you just worked on)

Moderator: drumsound

alexdingley
buyin' a studio

Need Philly studio to record 7 piece band (hopefully live)

Post by alexdingley » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:20 pm

Hey all,

I'm out in the burbs of Philly, and I need to setup a location to record a friend's band. They're a jam-band / funk band with a horn section. I think there are about 7 full-time members to the band. They gig a lot, and have scratched together a modest budget for an album project.

What we'd ideally like to find is a spot that we can have the band play in a half-way decent room, and maybe toss the amps into iso areas, and maybe even the horns... I could probably just keep the horns in the control room for the scratch takes if needed. We'd probably want to lock-out a whole weekend to do the sessions. We'd probably do one weekend-long session, and then another a couple/few weeks later. I'm not too worried about the gear lists... so feel free to let me know if you have some super-awesome mics, but I'll probably bring my own pre's and tracking gear.... just need the room.

PM me with hourly/day-rates and some brief descriptions of the rooms. .

Gregg Juke
cryogenically thawing

Post by Gregg Juke » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:22 am

gradwellhouse
alignin' 24-trk

Post by gradwellhouse » Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:24 pm

http://gradwellhouse.com

big space, nice gear.