My e-book: How to Run a Successful House Show Venue

Regional activities, relevant news, job openings, studio searches, local beer nights (not a forum to plug the new album you just worked on)

Moderator: drumsound

klangtone
pushin' record

My e-book: How to Run a Successful House Show Venue

Post by klangtone » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:04 pm

Well, after a handful of years putting on shows at The Habitat in San Diego, I found myself inspired to put together my thoughts on running what I call a "house show venue". Meaning, a residence that puts on concerts regularly for many years. I can tell that this is a growing trend and I think it is a great thing for bands and music lovers alike.

If such a thing interests you, you can pick up an e-book copy for your Kindle or your Nook (and I believe your iPad). Here is the link to the Kindle download.

http://www.amazon.com/Successful-House- ... 762&sr=1-1

I wanted to sell it for $2.00, but Amazon seems to have bumped it to $2.99. Not sure why. It's only 50 pages, but it's chock full of hints, tips, and tricks.

I hope some TOMBers out there find it useful!

Thanks,

Roy
www.rarefiedrecording.com
"No matter how corrupt, greedy, and heartless our government, our corporations, our media,
and our religious and charitable institutions may become, the music will still be wonderful." -Kurt Vonnegut

kbaudour
audio school

Post by kbaudour » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:03 am

The Habitat on TOMB?
Yes!
I'll check out the book and ask you about it the next time I'm seeing a show there.

klangtone
pushin' record

Post by klangtone » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:07 pm

Cool, man.

I'll be running sound!

Roy
"No matter how corrupt, greedy, and heartless our government, our corporations, our media,
and our religious and charitable institutions may become, the music will still be wonderful." -Kurt Vonnegut

rockstudio
gettin' sounds

Post by rockstudio » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:35 pm

Sounds cool. I'll check it out.

klangtone
pushin' record

Post by klangtone » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:12 am

Thanks!

If you have any feedback, let me know!

Roy