Job in Portland?

Regional activities, relevant news, job openings, studio searches, local beer nights (not a forum to plug the new album you just worked on)

Moderator: drumsound

black mariah
buyin' gear

Job in Portland?

Post by black mariah » Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:42 pm

Anywhere? Doing anything? Part time, full time, I don't care. I just need something to keep me eating next month. :cry:
Heurh!

black mariah
buyin' gear

Post by black mariah » Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:06 am

Didn't think so. :?
Heurh!

kayagum
ghost haunting audio students

Post by kayagum » Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:15 am

rolandk
buyin' gear

Post by rolandk » Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:24 am

Since you live in St Johns, try where I work at Phoenix Gold, 9300 N Decatur. I have no idea if we are hiring right now. There is also another factory next door called Bushwacker, they make aftermarket car fenders and stuff like that. Good luck!
my band: Mission 5

black mariah
buyin' gear

Post by black mariah » Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:38 pm

Been there, done that. All of my actual work experience is guitar-related so despite the fact that I can do pretty much anything, I can't do ANYTHING because I don't have prior experience. :evil:
rolandk wrote:Since you live in St Johns, try where I work at Phoenix Gold, 9300 N Decatur. I have no idea if we are hiring right now. There is also another factory next door called Bushwacker, they make aftermarket car fenders and stuff like that. Good luck!
Ooh, damn. That's right down the street from me. What's your name? I'll use you as a referral. :lol:
Heurh!

black mariah
buyin' gear

Post by black mariah » Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:19 pm

rolandk wrote:Since you live in St Johns, try where I work at Phoenix Gold, 9300 N Decatur. I have no idea if we are hiring right now. There is also another factory next door called Bushwacker, they make aftermarket car fenders and stuff like that. Good luck!
BALLS! Not hiring, apparently. I'm not sure. Apparently they're undergoing "restructuring" or some shit in the sale department. Umm... k. :lol:
Heurh!

rolandk
buyin' gear

Post by rolandk » Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:47 pm

black mariah wrote:
BALLS! Not hiring, apparently. I'm not sure. Apparently they're undergoing "restructuring" or some shit in the sale department. Umm... k. :lol:
I think I walked by you as you were filling out the application, I should have said something.
my band: Mission 5

kayagum
ghost haunting audio students

Post by kayagum » Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:22 pm

Try a temp agency. Seriously. Many temp gigs end up as permanent gigs. My temp job 13 years ago ended up being a pretty lucrative career in IT.

black mariah
buyin' gear

Post by black mariah » Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:58 pm

kayagum wrote:Try a temp agency. Seriously. Many temp gigs end up as permanent gigs. My temp job 13 years ago ended up being a pretty lucrative career in IT.
Tried it. Went to Express Personnel. They informed me that since I was home schooled and never bothered getting a GED I'm apparently completely unemployable in this city. Never mind the fact that I scored well on their tests, even the ones doing shit like Excel and 10-key operation, neither of which I have much experience with. Any Remedial English dumbass that graduated with a 70 because their teacher didn't want to fail them a third time can get a job, but I can't. :roll:

I'm so fucked. I just moved here a couple of weeks ago. I'm running out of cash and unless I get a job by the end of next week, I'll most likely have to move back to Texas which I do NOT want to do.

FUck existence. :evil: :x :evil:
Heurh!

touched1
pushin' record

Post by touched1 » Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:16 pm

What are your skills? Are you a mac or a PC guy?

The coffee shops and other places in the hawthorne area are always hiring.
I doubt it pays much.

Powell's might be good place for someone new in town to apply.

black mariah
buyin' gear

Post by black mariah » Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:12 pm

I managed to land a gig at the Lloyd Center with this marketing place. If you're ever out there and some dude says "Hey man, do you want to participate in this exciting focus group?" it might be me.

I don't want this position for long. I want one that involves full time status and a tie. Ties mean money. :lol:

touched1: I can handle either. Really, anything on a computer is just a computer to me. I'll figure it out sooner rather than later. I taught myself how to use Linux over a weekend once. :?
Heurh!

Esmo
takin' a dinner break

Post by Esmo » Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:08 am

probably find some sort of roofing job or some general under the table construction/demolition. grocery stores higer pretty easy too. There is also a lot of seasonal jobs for the city and metro this time of year.

black mariah
buyin' gear

Post by black mariah » Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:26 pm

Had my first day at work today. Did some data entry shit. They sent me home early because I got shit done so fast. :lol:

I'm trying to decide whether or not I want to take Burgerville up on their interview offer. It's way fucking close to home, so that's good. But it's fast food. But it's more money, and I AM a whore...

Decisions...
Heurh!

Esmo
takin' a dinner break

Post by Esmo » Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:02 am

burgerville is somewhat known for there more ethical practices. kind of llike in and out burger with wages and local ingredients. if that helps...
d

black mariah
buyin' gear

Post by black mariah » Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:40 pm

Something tells me Burgerville isn't gonna hire me. I find it funny that I'm apparently not even qualified for fast food.

I need to get my fuckin' resume sorted out. Goddamn it's ugly... :oops:
Heurh!