Red tape hindering my job search...

Regional activities, relevant news, job openings, studio searches, local beer nights (not a forum to plug the new album you just worked on)

Moderator: drumsound

snuffinthepunk
pushin' record

Post by snuffinthepunk » Wed May 31, 2006 3:22 pm

fum wrote:
snuffinthepunk wrote:And, yeah, I really want to work at Quad but asking for money would be odd.
This strikes me as weird. You went to school, I'm assuming you've made some recordings somewhere.

At what point do you feel you'll be qualified to make minimum wage doing this? Until you can answer that, it's not much of a job search, is it?

Regards

ju
well, having done like 4 or 5 recordings doesn't seem to me to be qualified. sure i can record, but I'm not the go to guy for tracking you know? I think I'm worth minimum wage, no doubt about that, but places don't usually pay guys like me...we start as unpaid interns you know? plus there would be guys lining up outside the door willing to work for free...we're right by MTSU and belmont and other schools in the area. If he wanted me that bad he might have offered to pay me minimum wage or somethin. anyhoot, for the time being I have an internship at another nice place. I'm gonna see all this through though in hopes that I'll get to spend some time over at Quad one day anyway. :D
"no dream is worth being underachieved"
I love signal flow.

Imagine the possibilities!

www.primalgear.com