Studio Space Share?

Regional activities, relevant news, job openings, studio searches, local beer nights (not a forum to plug the new album you just worked on)

Moderator: drumsound

TA
alignin' 24-trk

Studio Space Share?

Post by TA » Fri May 26, 2006 2:03 pm

I have a line on a possible studio space I`m considering. I`d like to find someone who may be interested in sharing together.

The space is located in East Fishkill, NY (Dutchess County) 1 hour north of NYC. The space is about 800sqft, open floor plan for the most part about 45'd x 18'ish wide with concrete floor, sheet rock walls, about 8' ceiling. It
will need some interier walls built(or not, can be a one room?) But carpet if definatly in order. Also needs a cleaning and a paint job, which the landlord will have done when she has a tenent interested. The location is extremely isolated tucked in the woods with no houses near by, farm like setting. The building used to be a small complex of 6 greenhouses that have since been boarded up and now used as workshops\storage. The other tenants are contractors and landscapers garaging there equipment etc...The vacant space is not a former greenhouse, it has a bay door and looks like it used to be a auto detail shop. I know the women who is renting the space, I`v been renting a house from her in the area for nearly 6 years now, shes a very reasonable nice person. When I first learned of the space, she told me it was 2500sq and was looking for $600 to $700mthy! But when I went see the place it was much smaller, about 800sq, the 2500sq was including one of the greenhouse wings attached, which is occupied by her son used as storage and not really suitable for recording in, but seperate from the vacant area and not part of this rental. So I dont know the exact cost yet other than the 6-7 she mentioned. I went to see the place by myself, she
said "the doors open go check it out any time"... I`m pretty sure thats the price range she`s looking for. What really got my attention of course was the 2500sq for $600! Woo! In my head I was like I`ll take it, with out even seeing it! But seemed to good to be true...so I held back. Good thing too because.....

....I need some help with it, someone to NOT just help cover the overhead cost\rent, elec..., although I do need someone that can. But most of all someone who really wants to do this as well. I dont expect to make money, just need to at least cover the OH. Goal is to have a place to record and produce bands and keep working ... to keep progressing with recording projects.... if it progresses into something more?...then great, cross that bridge if it gets there.

To give you all a little bit about me - I had a small project studio space for about 3 years I was sharing with someone. Studio space was in his house. I lost that space about 6 months ago when my partner, who owned the house, decided he wanted to gut it and use it as storage and no longer wanted the studio because he wasn`t making money, we had different motives. I know have my modest recording gear set up in my 10x10 spare room at home. I have been searching for a place I could afford since. Also this is a part time deal for me at the moment, I do work a steady fulltime M-F gig for a audio rental house near nyc....I have been focused more on recording for about 6 years now, I attended the Institute of Audio Research in NY back in 2001, I dont play as much as I used too in the 90`s but I
have been involved in music kicking around on guitar\bass for about 20 years and I like to think I know what I`m doing when hacking away on my keys....but i dont, but its fun.

So anyway, just throwing it out there exploring the opportunity checking out options. Seeing if anyone in the area is looking for the same, a place to jam and record and is feeling homeless...with there recording situation.

If anyone is interested please contact me....I`d love to hear from ya!

I get the feeling this place wont stay vacant long at less than a $1 a sq.

Thanks

TA