Dub trio tour schedule! you guys should see this live!

Regional activities, relevant news, job openings, studio searches, local beer nights (not a forum to plug the new album you just worked on)

Moderator: drumsound

joel hamilton
zen recordist

Dub trio tour schedule! you guys should see this live!

Post by joel hamilton » Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:52 pm

From Dub Trio, one of my favorite bands out there:

"we will also be hitting the road this friday to tour with ozric tentacles - the psychedelic, progressive rock legends of the UK underground scene. this will be the FIRST TIME that we will be touring with our new cd "new heavy". if you haven't picked one up at the store already, come see us play, say hi and get one from us...

upcoming dates:

Ozric Tentacles Tour
June 16 - July 1, 2006

6/16 – Rex Theatre…Pittsburgh, PA
6/17 - Revolution Hall…Troy, NY
6/19/ - Higher Ground…Burlington, VT
6/20 - Webster Theatre…Hartford, CT
6/21 - BB King's Blues Club…NYC
6/22 - State Theatre…Falls Church, VA
6/23 - Recher Theatre…Towson, MD
6/25 - Alley Katz…Richmond, VA
6/27 - Bogart's…Cincinnati, OH
6/28 - Beachland Ballroom…Cleveland, OH
6/29 - Newport Music Hall… Columbus, OH
6/30 - Park West…Chicago, IL
7/01 - Magic Stick…Detroit, MI

Peeping Tom Tour
July 14-28, 2006

7/14 - Dour Festival...Dour, Belgium?7/15 - Latitude Festival...Suffolk, UK ?7/17 - Astoria...London, UK (DUB TRIO OPENS)?7/20 - Orange County Fair...Costa Mesa, UK (w/ Gnarls Barkley)?7/21 - Great American Hall...San Francisco, CA (DUB TRIO OPENS)?7/23 - Avalon...Los Angeles, CA (w/ Gnarls Barkley)?7/24 - Avalon...Los Angeles, CA (w/ Gnarls Barkley)?7/27 - Vic Theatre...Chicago, IL (DUB TRIO OPENS)?7/28 - Hedgpeth Festival...Twin Lakes, WI (w/ Flaming Lips)

if you haven't seen our free and entertaining podcast - check it out by clicking here:
http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZSt ... =106627552

easy,
dub trio

www.dubtrio.com
www.myspace.com/dubtrio"

Brian Brock
buyin' a studio

Post by Brian Brock » Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:31 pm

Opening for Ozric Tentacles. That's cool.

Jeff White
ghost haunting audio students

Post by Jeff White » Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:38 am

I used to be such a huge Ozrics fan. Really sad what's happened to that band since 2000. Still, I'm a huge fan of their early stuff (1984 to 1995). Ed, Joie, and Seaweed turned me into a synth freak during the mid 90s.

I would love to catch that tour, ashame that they aren't going to be around the Philly area. That's a good gig for Dub Trio to have.

Jeff

JB
gimme a little kick & snare

Post by JB » Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:44 pm

It's a shame they're not coming south at all. Lots of I-man in the south. I just picked up a 45 by them (Drive By Dub) a couple of weeks ago...that I'll probably play tonite at Halo Lounge. Great to have new dub.

http://www.halolounge.com/

Quest Poetics
suffering 'studio suck'

Post by Quest Poetics » Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:43 pm

Holy shit...I just watched one of your videos and that is some really really good shit....My 2 favorite styles melded into one wholesome spank of my musical weenis...I'll be buying this album quite soon....I'm moving to Vancouver BC here in a couple of months, any chance you'll be up there?

Peace
www.rhymeandmelody.com

Podcast where we review gear as well as drop Guitars / Beatboxing / Freestyle rhyme one week and the following episode you hear the fully produced track.

Peace and keep recording!!!

joel hamilton
zen recordist

Post by joel hamilton » Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:05 pm

Sound Campaign wrote:Holy shit...I just watched one of your videos and that is some really really good shit....My 2 favorite styles melded into one wholesome spank of my musical weenis...I'll be buying this album quite soon....I'm moving to Vancouver BC here in a couple of months, any chance you'll be up there?

Peace
Who? Dub trio?

Knights Who Say Neve
buyin' a studio

Post by Knights Who Say Neve » Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:18 pm

7/20...Orange County Fairgrounds?

Cool, I can go pet sheep and eat cotton candy before the show!
"What you're saying is, unlike all the other writers, if it was really new, you'd know it was new when you heard it, and you'd love it. <b>That's a hell of an assumption</b>". -B. Marsalis

Nano_606
audio school graduate

Post by Nano_606 » Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:03 am

well I will be going to see them because they are opening for the almighty "Peeping Tom".. Dub Trio AND Mike Patton, I got ticketss alreadyyy!!