Studio Opportunity in L.A.

Regional activities, relevant news, job openings, studio searches, local beer nights (not a forum to plug the new album you just worked on)

Moderator: drumsound

bounce
alignin' 24-trk

Studio Opportunity in L.A.

Post by bounce » Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:46 am

Hi. My name is Mckay and I have a studio in Los Angeles (Atwater Village area between Hollywood and Glendale). I am looking for one more honest engineer and/or producer with a positive personality to fill a third spot in the schedule here. I am not hiring :-) You are a freelance producer/engineer with your own clients. I and the other engineer here have our own clients and run our own separate companies using the studio for our workspace. I have run this facility for about 8 years now and recently opened it up to this timeshare opportunity because I don't use the studio 24/7. I have been doing this full time for many years. The other engineer works another day job and uses the studio some week nights and some weekend days. Integrity and a positive vibe are huge with me. Huge :-) You will be paying a ridiculously low monthly fee for X number of hours/days in the studio's A room. There will also be time available in the B room for editing, etc. I'm NOT looking for someone to come in for one month just to get some drum tracks done. I'm looking for someone cool who knows what they are doing, respects the gear and other folks, and needs a bigger place to work and plans on sticking around for a while.
The A room has Pro Tools HD 2 Accel with a 192 clocked to a Big Ben and we are using a DDA-DMR12 console with a billion inputs, built in patch bay, yada yada. We have decent outboard and lots of mics (none are superslutty but they work great). If you have gear of your own and wish to use it, you can determine what you wish to share and what you'll take home with you daily. There are lots of instruments here as well.
The B room has a 002 and a couple other bits.
The main live room is 18x22 and there is an 8x8 iso room.
The studio has its quirks but it has a really great vibe and works well to get things done. It's in a cool area with lots of restaurants/coffee/yada yada.
We are constantly upgrading the place (feel free to join in!).
I am not looking for outright beginners (I already get rotating interns from local schools) though I definitely like sharing ideas and techniques. I envision a positive, creative environment where people are passionate about what they do and strive to collectively get better at it through positive listening and sharing.
For a list of gear go here:

http://www.b-oz.com/gear.html

Please feel free to e-mail if interested:

mckay at b-oz dot com

Thanks, everyone!
McKay Garner
Production-Mixing-Composition
http://www.mckaygarner.com

bh
audio school graduate

mk

Post by bh » Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:01 pm