promotion help

Regional activities, relevant news, job openings, studio searches, local beer nights (not a forum to plug the new album you just worked on)

Moderator: drumsound

saemskin
audio school

promotion help

Post by saemskin » Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:36 pm

Hi everyone. Been lurking around for awhile here. So here goes my rahter presumptuous first post.....

So I'm nearly finished with the last 2 tracks of my album, the others are already mastered and ready to go. Tomorrow night I hope to finish, then probably by Tuesday/Wednesday I'll have 2 redbook ready cd's in hand.
I have the artwork I plan to use either completed or in the works.

My questions are these:

-does anyone know of a place I can go to for printing the inserts and getting the discs pressed? I plan to run 500 copies, I really would prefer a place that will do a comlete packaging job, numbered, shrink wrapped, etc... ready to go. I live in Toledo Ohio, but I dont really think locality is important. Quality, speed, and reliability are the most important factors. Would 2 weeks be out of line here? My original release date was planned to be August 26, my 30th birthday, and that's looming ever closer.

-I'm making a list of potential magazines to take an ad out in. I have a tentative collaborator to buy space with. The list of magazines in my price range and in my genre is pretty short. What I dont have ready access to is information on podcasts, college radio stations, etc.. that play industrial/IDM/experimental type of stuff who I can contact for promotion and/or send a copy to. I dont really know how to go about this part, but I have an idea. Know what I mean?

Any ideas or any information you think may be useful to me I would sincerely appreciate.
Thanks,

Josh
SAEMSKIN RECORDINGS
http://saemskin.com

Meriphew
deaf.

Post by Meriphew » Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:29 am

I've used Discmakers for my last 2 releases. They are very good.

bradfromtampa
gettin' sounds

Post by bradfromtampa » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:04 am

I've used imprint in florida. www.iloveimprint.com

saemskin
audio school

Post by saemskin » Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:56 pm

Thanks!
Thanks,

Josh
SAEMSKIN RECORDINGS
http://saemskin.com