Pitchfork Music Festival

Regional activities, relevant news, job openings, studio searches, local beer nights (not a forum to plug the new album you just worked on)

Moderator: drumsound

lancebug
re-cappin' neve

Pitchfork Music Festival

Post by lancebug » Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:30 am

Anybody else go? I was pleasantly suprised by Band of Horses. Also my first chance to see the Mountain Goats, which didnt disappoint. Underwhelmed by Destroyer. I had free tickets for both days but had to skip sunday due to a foot ailment. Wonder how the sunday lineup fared? Really bummed about missing Mission of Burma among others. Struck me that many of these bands are probably more accustomed to playing to crowds of 300-500 rather than 50,000. Some bands decidedly projected better in the large format than others. Sadly the foot also kept me out of the small stage tent due to the cramped quarters, so I missed missed Matmos. Anybody else wanna report?

chris harris
speech impediment

Post by chris harris » Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:59 am

I didn't go... but, I'm LOVING the Band Of Horses promo that they sent to the club where I work. really good band!

Jeff White
ghost haunting audio students

Post by Jeff White » Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:41 am

subatomic pieces wrote:I didn't go... but, I'm LOVING the Band Of Horses promo that they sent to the club where I work. really good band!
I'll third that. I love that band.

Jeff

ideaofnorth
takin' a dinner break

Pitchfork

Post by ideaofnorth » Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:01 pm

I was there both days, pretty amazing all around. Water was only a buck & food was reasonable.

I loved Destroyer's set, but then I think he's one of the best things going right now. Also really loved Jens Lekman, CSS, Futureheads, Silver Jews, Matmos, Yo La Tengo, and of course Os Mutantes. I thought Band of Horses were pretty great, too, and am also enjoying their album.

The weather was crazy hot, but a great time I thought.