2 New Pre-Pro tracks from Hold True Recordings...

Discussion on new albums, developing listening skills, critical listening to others' work, as well as TOMB members' MP3 links, online recording critiques

Moderator: cgarges

Ethan Holdtrue
takin' a dinner break

2 New Pre-Pro tracks from Hold True Recordings...

Post by Ethan Holdtrue » Sat May 27, 2006 6:41 pm

Here they are:
The Taste of Silver - The Carving of Galatea
http://www.holdtrue.com/tunes/The%20Tas ... alatea.mp3

These Are: - Sidereal Messenger
http://www.holdtrue.com/tunes/These%20A ... senger.mp3

The mastering on the TA: track is kinda not great but it's good enough for a pre-pro track. Both bands albums will out this year, for those interested.

Thanks for checking them out!! :]

-Ethan
www.HoldTrue.com

Ethan Holdtrue
takin' a dinner break

Post by Ethan Holdtrue » Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:10 pm

Geez... I posted this almost 2 weeks ago... Who do I have to sleep with to get some feedback around here? :D

tonefreak
audio school graduate

Post by tonefreak » Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:13 pm

The thing I noticed about the two tracks is that the kick kinda gets lost at certain points... the punch is there, but it gets drowned out by the guitar. This is especially evident in the second track.

OVERALL, it think the tracks sound really good, and I'm not a big fan of this type of music!

punkrockdude
gettin' sounds

Post by punkrockdude » Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:03 pm

I have no views on the mixing and that stuff but I do have to say that I always get excited when harder music is being shown to us here. Regards

Ethan Holdtrue
takin' a dinner break

Post by Ethan Holdtrue » Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:50 pm

I know what you mean about the BD. I avent figured a way around that yet... Thanks though :]

And yes, more hardcore please!! :D

justhitthebutton
gettin' sounds

Post by justhitthebutton » Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:53 pm

sweet jeebus. that is some awesome stuff. the vocals for my taste are a little too up front. and i have to say that i am listening this on computer speakers but i think the guitars can come down and a little wider. this is a lot like my old band. what you can do to really make that kick sing is to send it out to the best 15" bass amp you can get and eq the hell out of it. mic that bass amp and bring it up under the mix. it gave the kick almost the depth and strength, body and all, almost a live feel. very huge yet constrained. that makes no sense. im going to go back and listen to more. of this. awesome
can it really look better than it sounds?

Ethan Holdtrue
takin' a dinner break

Post by Ethan Holdtrue » Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:15 am

ha, awesome, and thank you :]

The Taste of silver is on tour actualy right now and should be getting near TX if you wanna check them out.

These Are: will be coming in for the real deal pretty soon...

justhitthebutton
gettin' sounds

Post by justhitthebutton » Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:11 pm

awesome, im in houston (yeah sorry). i can give you contacts for promoters here that work with hardcore/metal exclusively. either way, im sure they will wind up at our small room at the new club i work at. i will check them out for sure.
reminds me a lot of my old band from back in NC. theres an east coast sound for sure.
can it really look better than it sounds?