i used to make electronic stuff, now i think it's folk

Discussion on new albums, developing listening skills, critical listening to others' work, as well as TOMB members' MP3 links, online recording critiques

Moderator: cgarges

therethere
audio school graduate

i used to make electronic stuff, now i think it's folk

Post by therethere » Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:15 pm

I have three tracks under the title Winter Vendors on my MySpace page. I used to make electronic music (and there's a remnant of that on the page, under one track called "Archway Denouement") but I had an overwhelming urge to bury my MicroKorg this year and rely just on guitars, ukeleles, glocks, rainwater and a plastic tub instead. Knowing that this is the TapeOp forum, I know that my mixes will be scrutinized because they are pretty bad imo (yay phase cancellation) but oh, well.

http://myspace.com/justincheemusic

Like it or hate it? Lemme know, peace.

therethere
audio school graduate

Post by therethere » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:27 am

wow, 25 views and no responses at all? i would've expected at someone to say something like "this is crap" or something like that....

Sean Sullivan
moves faders with mind

Post by Sean Sullivan » Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:08 am

I listened the Coldest Winter and the mix sounds good, I like your voice, but I think the song goes on a little long without changing enough. I like Shrub a lot, your music reminds me of the band Robot Ate Me.
Still waiting for a Luna reunion

therethere
audio school graduate

Post by therethere » Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:49 pm

ok, thanks for the feedback, minorleagues, i appreciate it :) What does Robot Ate Me sound like?