Low Spokes

Discussion on new albums, developing listening skills, critical listening to others' work, as well as TOMB members' MP3 links, online recording critiques

Moderator: cgarges

lukievan
takin' a dinner break

Low Spokes

Post by lukievan » Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:02 pm

Hey y'all - long time Tape-Op reader here with a new record. If you like scrappy indie-pop/rock, please check it out. It's pay what you like (pay nothing if you're poor or stingy).

http://lucasvanlenten.bandcamp.com/

Thanks!

lukievan
takin' a dinner break

oh yeah...

Post by lukievan » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:21 pm

Forgot to mention that it was mastered by TapeOp Messageboard contributor Garrett Haines at Treelady Studios. He did a masterful job (yeah, I said it). I'd love to hear any feedback from you guys - on the recording, the songs, anything. I've lost all perspective...

Thanks!

lukievan
takin' a dinner break

Post by lukievan » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:50 am

nobody gots nuthin'? I'll take a 'this sucks' over dead silence any day. the tunes are all pretty different, so if you don't like the first one, perseverance may pay off. thanks.

ott0bot
dead but not forgotten

Post by ott0bot » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:13 am

Lucas,
I know I've told you before...maybe 2 years ago...but I really like your tunes. I've only had a brief listen, but so far I dig it. This is something my wife will love...not to draw direct comparisons, but kinda She & Him, Devendra, Edward Sharpe vibe, but I think maybe a little more authentic/personal sounding. I'll download and listen more (i can't guarantee much of a payment :).

lukievan
takin' a dinner break

Post by lukievan » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:30 am

Wow - thanks for the kind words! interesting musical references; I love M.Ward's stuff in general (songs and recording vibe/sounds) and I liked those first couple Devendra records where it's mostly just him and acoustic guitar but I don't know the Edward Sharpe stuff except for that one tune that went big. I'll check it out. I really appreciate the feedback.