speakers for trade

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

lukievan
takin' a dinner break

speakers for trade

Post by lukievan » Mon May 04, 2009 10:25 am

I have a vintage 12" Jensen 'Concert' speaker with a ripped-up cone (otherwise in great condition) and a vintage 12" Fender (blue label) speaker with an intact cone but possibly some other issue. The Fender speaker works, but I was having some issues with slight distortion on my Deluxe Reverb and the tech I took it to convinced me to replace the speaker, which seemed to help. He said the magnet was rubbing, though I could not discern it by pushing on the cone, like he claimed he could.

Anyway, my question is - are these things worth anything? I don't necessarily want to
get them re-coned or reconditioned, but I would be interested in trading them in - either for a working 12" speaker of comparable value, or for something else - a pedal or something. Any offers? Thanks...

themagicmanmdt
george martin

Post by themagicmanmdt » Mon May 04, 2009 9:11 pm

what's the magnet and numbers on the concert speaker?

reconing's a bit expensive. to me, honestly, it's only worth the recone if it's an alnico.

otherwise, magnets are magnets - ferrite/ceramic is cheap - and you could get whatever cone you want from weber!

i'm going to learn speaker reconing soon - I might be down for that concert - ?
we are the village green
preservation society
god bless +6 tape
valves and serviceability

*chief tech and R&D shaman at shadow hills industries*

lukievan
takin' a dinner break

Post by lukievan » Tue May 05, 2009 5:27 am

the markings on the rim of the Jensen Concert speaker are:
and
EMI202.C8310.3

- not sure how to find out more w/out taking it apart.