FS in Toronto: instruments, pres, converters, speakers, etc

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

dynomike
carpal tunnel

FS in Toronto: instruments, pres, converters, speakers, etc

Post by dynomike » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:36 pm

I can ship some items, but would prefer to sell locally. All prices CDN $ and not including shipping.

full listing with pics: http://mikekuehn.ca/gearsale.htm

text listing:

November 17, 2009

Part two of the Sleepytown gear sale! As my mastering room is taking shape it's becoming clear I don't need to own a lot of this stuff anymore. Sheddin' some weight and stripping down to two super bass ass channels - L and R!

Call Mike at 416-320-7907 or email mikekuehn@gmail.com if you want to come take a look at the stuff. I'm at College & Ossington.

Japanese Fender "Sting" '52 Reissue P-Bass with upgraded pickguard and Seymour Quarter Pounder pickup $580

Rogers R360 drumset, hardware, and Ludwig marching snare with bonus drumheads and hardware $380

includes:

12", 13" rack toms
20"x14" kick
snare stand
kick spurs
rack tom mount for kick drum
13x7" Ludwig wood marching snare drum with PureSound snares, wood hoops!

Kind of sketchy hardware, shells are not in the best shape, but these really do sound good. The sleeper drumkit of Sleepytown... very "Ringo".

Could sell the snare by itself for $120, no less.

Ampeg B15-S fliptop bass amplifier $1280

original speaker, old tubes, bit of hum, but in very good shape. put a couple hundred into new tubes and a once-over by a tech, and it'll sing! sounds excellent already.

Peavey Artist VT-30 (shown in pic of infinity speakers, below) $240

hybrid guitar amp - solid state pre / tube power. sounds great up loud. sounds not so great down low. 4x6L6's into a 12" black widow. reverb broken, but i am looking into it!

infinity reference series 6 kappa loudspeakers woofer surrounds recently replaced and all internal wiring gone over by yours truly. sound pretty great for the dough. really damn great if you swap the mids to dynaudio d52af's. i now have the kappa 8's and these aren't getting any use though. $560

SUNN P.A. horns with hi, medium and lo input jacks. very cool for bass as a 2nd speaker adding bite to your big bass cab, dirty fuzz. $40 for both

19" acer AL1911 lcd/tft monitor 1280 x 1024 resolution $80

RME HDSP 9652 PCI $360
Digital Recording Interface - tons of digital i/o for your computer. No analog.

1x sp/dif i/o (2 ch, coax-rca or optical-toslink)
3x adat i/o (24 channels)
2x midi i/o
adat sync
wordclock i/o (good master clock!)

I've thrown away the box, but have all the breakout cables, and can provide current drivers (which are wicked - under 1ms latency), utilities (digicheck has superb, very flexible metering), pdf manual, etc.

I'm only selling this because I just bought a new, $$ firewire interface (tc electronic x32) which has AES i/o.

24" Samsung 2443BW lcd/tft monitor 1920x1200 resolution $280

PCI cards: D-Link AirPlus G, SoundBlaster Live! Value, SoundBlaster Audigy2 $20 for all or free with any other computery purchase.

THE PRE RACK $4500

Panasonic WZ-AD96 8 channel high quality analog-digital converter. 16-24 bit, 44.1-96kHz. XLR inputs, AES/EBU and adat toslink outputs. $680

Hamptone HVTP stereo tube mic preamp $780

Hamptone HJFP stereo jfet mic preamp $680

Bryston BMP-2 stereo dual op-amp mic preamp $1200

Quad Eight AM-10 four channel mic preamp $1400

Complete rack including the above gear, dbx TRS patchbay, middle atlantic wood rack (shown), most cabling $4500

Electro-Harmonix 12AY7 mic pre tiny, transformerless tube mic pre built inside a guitar pedal casing. sounds great on acoustic guitar. $140

not shown, pics to come:

Spectra Sonics 110 stereo mic preamp w/ 3 band passive inductor based EQ $380
Clips early - needs work. Built by Matrix Audio Systems in the USA... get in touch with them if you're interested in getting it fixed. If it doesn't sell, I plan to get it fixed and sell it for around $700, and I imagine you could do the same.

Very clean and fast preamp with a broad, smooth, musical EQ. Input and output transformers. Nice rack job and hand-labelling.

Simon Systems CB-4 Headphone Cue Box. XLR i/o, speaker level. Individual volume controls, very solid. $80

Bins of misc. broken or untested stuff. $60 for all

Including AKG D202 microphone, Apex 210 ribbon, Gefell N691 power supply, 7-pin tuschel cables, many Sennheiser headphones, etc.

HAN-D-MAG tape head demagnetizer like new in box $60 or free with any purchase over $500, if you can use it!

mikekuehn@gmail.com 416-320-7907 I reserve the right to take this stuff off the market as I see fit, so if you want something, get in touch sooner than later :)
Making Efforts and Forging Ahead Courageously! Keeping Honest and Making Innovations Perpetually!