(sold) Symetrix SX202, modded

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

ScottEvans
gimme a little kick & snare

(sold) Symetrix SX202, modded

Post by ScottEvans » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:24 pm

Symetrix SX202 half-rack 2-channel mic pre, with Monte McGuire mods. SOLD.

I didn't do the mods; the guy I bought it from did. He's an EE and seemed like he knew what was up. In fact, maybe he's on this forum?

I've used this for a few years on a bunch of sessions, pretty much anything I've done recently. It's always worked well and sounded good. (though I'm no golden ears with mic pres.)

I had one screw fight me on when I was pulling the cover to take the gutshot, so I had to drill the head off of the screw. That scraped up the case a bit around that screwhole, on top of the case. Just cosmetic.

Comes with a 600 mA wall wart. Dude mentioned that he likes the way it sounds with a beefier PS, but I never got around to finding one.

Last edited by ScottEvans on Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
scott evans :: tape op senior contributor :: antisleep audio :: kowloon walled city

ScottEvans

Post by ScottEvans » Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:32 pm

No? How about $175 shipped.
scott evans :: tape op senior contributor :: antisleep audio :: kowloon walled city

trodden
on a wing and a prayer

Post by trodden » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:44 pm

Can't really tell from the photo, but are the op amps swappable? I did the mod to mine with some help and I can now swap out different flavors of op amps. If this is the case with yours, makes it a very flexible and great pre.

ScottEvans

Post by ScottEvans » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:54 pm

Yah, the opamps are in sockets -- the ones in there now are LT1469CN8.

trodden
on a wing and a prayer

Post by trodden » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:27 pm

Excellent! this is a great deal for a very good pre. I have one, and wish i could grap another. I'll see what kinds of funds i can move around! I'm a Burr Brown 2604 fan myself.